Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet areas on hdd surface name

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I got a crossword for assignment for building a PC. This is one of the few ones i can't seem to get. I've scoured through all the notes and Wikipedia/Google can't seem to find this. Starts with c has 5 letters.

"Tiny individual magnet areas on a hard disk surfaces are called_____(5)"

edit: nvm i'm pretty certain it's "cells"....cheap anyway feel free to delete this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

cheat (5) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Farcear wrote: »
    cheat (5) :P
    He's just asking for it giving it in crossword form and to take home for 2 weeks... At least I'm not too lazy to cheat.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im pretty sure its not cells. As if it is when i worked for seagate they never used them. Ive even looked at a few technical overviews/breakdowns of older and newer hard drives and the word cell is not used.

How outdated is this crossword?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

This is why i said it was cheap to put it in there. As it''s a general term rather then technical terminology

95668.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

So fairly out dated then ;) But you learn something new every day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement