Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website hosting and domain

• 09-11-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm a musician in Ireland who has just designed my own website (using NVU).

I would like to know if there are any decent webhosting sites where I can publish it and also purchase a domain name?

I have been looking at an American site but would like to know if there are sites nearer home, so is the American one just as good as any others for me?

I'm also very conscious of the cost and would like the cheapest possible, but not a site so cheap it's rubbish, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hey, I know what you mean.
    I host with JustHost and they're pretty unbeatable on price.
    They're excellent all round as it handles my visitors every day no peoblem (1000's)

I hear BlueHost are the best but I host with JustHost because they're excellent on price and any dispute I have with them they always settle it generously :D

If you're interested PM me for a link for 50% off.
    I know guys, I sound like spam but I wouldn't mind some little income to fund my betting spree :D

Hope it helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

If your site is aimed at an Irish market from an SEO point of view you're better off with a host whose servers are based in Ireland (and with a .ie domain), I use http://hosting.digiweb.ie/ for several sites and find them great - nice and cheap, fast, great uptime, great support, you can host multiple sites on same hosting account and they have a very user friendly control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ZappaFan

Thanks to all who made suggestions.

Fergal

Advertisement