Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A book I cant remember

• 09-11-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Evening All,

I was browsing through the many and different forums and discussions on here and very much enjoying them all.
    However, there was a book mentioned a few times, something to do with evidence of life after death and I cant remember the name or cant locate where I spotted it.
    Does anyone know what the title is?
    Also I am thinking of buying "Angels in my Hair" as it seems to be very interesting.
    Can anyone recommend any other good reads on this subject?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Francesca Browns new book call My Whispering Angels is meant to be good but its not an area I have an interest in so havent read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Prob not the book you've been thinking about but it is a very good one about scientific experiments with mediums. Good support for proof of life after death,
    its The Afterlife Experiments, by Gary Schwartz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    Also I am thinking of buying "Angels in my Hair" as it seems to be very interesting.
    Can anyone recommend any other good reads on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

I read 'Angels In My Hair' by Lorna Byrne and I enjoyed it for the most part, but my little sis thought it was dumb. Like,she thought the way it was written was a bit 'simple' and airy fairy and she didn't make it beyond the first chapter at all. Depends on where you stand with beliefs in angels,I suppose. I wouldn't be a big believer as such but I'd keep an open mind. The book is basically a review of her 'mystical' life experiences but a lot of it is sort of written in the present tense. It's very easy to read and it's obvious that Lorna Byrne is an impressionable, slightly naive sort of woman who tries to see the good in every creature - human and non-human alike. If you like mushy, heart-warming stories that feel local (AKA Ireland) and are very homely in a traditional sense, you'll probably enjoy this book.

Other recommendations? I enjoyed 'Spirit Messenger' by Gordon Smith. Someone tipped me off on another good read I'd never have known about otherwise,I'd say - 'Healing, My Own Story: The Life Of An Extraordinary Man' by Bill Parfrey. 'Will Storr Vs The Supernatural' by Will Storr is also a fascinating read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Thanks for your replies and recommendations. After ages filtering back through this site I eventually found the name of the book I was orginally looking for, its called Love Beyond Life.
    51516G8948L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg
    I am going to look into the other books recommended so far, Amazon is going to love me this month!
    Still open to any other suggestions and reads. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

The Lightworkers Way by Doreen Virtue is an excellent read IMHO.

I am currently reading The Reconnection by Eric Pearl, and so far, am enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Nice Recommendation - The Lightwokers, I have read How to hear your Angels also by Doreen Virtue, its a small little book but a really nice read too.
    My Amazon basket is getting bigger and bigger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

read angels in my hair just recently....a great read.

Advertisement