Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting gum out of a top

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Put it in the freezer and when the gum is frozen you should be able to chip it off. You may have to do it a few times as the gum will obviously defrost as you're chipping it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Put washing up liquid all over the gum, then salt. Leave for a little while and rub off with a cloth. Sounds mad but it works. Anytime I've tried it it's worked great at getting it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

+1 for Freezer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

BVB wrote: »
    +1 for Freezer .

Same as above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Micheal_UCD

Cheers for the advice! I'm just worried that because its a wool top it will be much more difficult to remove the gum without doing damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Freezer's worked for me before too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Have jeans in the freezer the last 2 days, but it wont come off because its like been rubbed in similar to that picture, so its just stained and shiny at this stage. Its not in one big lump like.

225px-Gum_417.jpg

update - just used the fairy liquid and salt and I think it worked. Threw them into the washing machine just there...I'm now wondering if perhaps I should have washed off the fairy liquid and salt first? Am I going to have a ferociously bubbly washing machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I heard WD 40 works

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

update - just used the fairy liquid and salt and I think it worked. Threw them into the washing machine just there...I'm now wondering if perhaps I should have washed off the fairy liquid and salt first? Am I going to have a ferociously bubbly washing machine?

Nah no need, should be fine :) Way better than the freezer method anyway, much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Podginho

I was told before to smudge butter on to the gum then freeze it. so i did and it worked well. not sure if the butter made a difference

id be worried about the butter staining because of the oil.

The fairy liquid and salt worked perfectly, and into the washing machine and theyre all good (plus no exploded washing machine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

artielange wrote: »
    Same as above.

I've tried this before alright, it took a lot of patience waiting for the gum to freeze properly but it worked a treat

Advertisement