Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheeky china court in galway

Options
  • 09-11-2009 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Dear readers.

It has finnaly happend I am very furious and up set that I have to now tell the world or at the very lest my Galway clan about this chinese take away I like to treat myself to every now and then, less now coz of all the penny counting one has to do these days.

I got the won ton soup with spring rolls and my partner got the duck with plum sauce with rice and chips from the china court chinese and Thai take-away 6 Ballybane Shopping Centre : Quot (finset oriental cuisine with Restaurant Quality Food.) hahahahahahahahah,ahahahaha.....hahahahaha,
    finest cuisine, Restaurant Quality.lmao

we were told 25 min and it arrived 40 min later it was luke warm the won tons were old and not coverd correctly and there for the air got to them and drys out the meat and dis-coloured it,the spring rolls were old ,re-fryed and had burnt bits with bits on them the size of a large thumb then came the duck in sauce i say sauce and not plume sauce coz they forgot the plum, (the clue is in the name guys!) it was just a gluten mess with fatty greasy duck. the only thing they managed to get right was the prawn crackers. pluse we were over charged and when I phoned to complain I was asked if I wanted them to send it again .lol what a joke so now im taking a stand and I will get my money back if its the last thing I do as the law states I am an unsatisfied customer. tune in tonight for part two when I call them back today to see what went wrong with my order of slop. its a shame most of take-aways dont know how to cook or prep food. thank god for this resection bizz weeding out all these phony's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

ms badger wrote: »
    Dear readers.

It has finnaly happend I am very furious and up set that I have to now tell the world or at the very lest my Galway clan about this chinese take away I like to treat myself to every now and then, less now coz of all the penny counting one has to do these days.

I got the won ton soup with spring rolls and my partner got the duck with plum sauce with rice and chips from the china court chinese and Thai take-away 6 Ballybane Shopping Centre : Quot (finset oriental cuisine with Restaurant Quality Food.) hahahahahahahahah,ahahahaha.....hahahahaha,
    finest cuisine, Restaurant Quality.lmao

we were told 25 min and it arrived 40 min later it was luke warm the won tons were old and not coverd correctly and there for the air got to them and drys out the meat and dis-coloured it,the spring rolls were old ,re-fryed and had burnt bits with bits on them the size of a large thumb then came the duck in sauce i say sauce and not plume sauce coz they forgot the plum, (the clue is in the name guys!) it was just a gluten mess with fatty greasy duck. the only thing they managed to get right was the prawn crackers. pluse we were over charged and when I phoned to complain I was asked if I wanted them to send it again .lol what a joke so now im taking a stand and I will get my money back if its the last thing I do as the law states I am an unsatisfied customer. tune in tonight for part two when I call them back today to see what went wrong with my order of slop. its a shame most of take-aways dont know how to cook or prep food. thank god for this resection bizz weeding out all these phony's.

Your own fault ..

A. I wouldn't have waited 25 mins
    B. If it came out and was like that I would have told them i was leaving without paying for it and have went somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Craichoe, I'm thinking that this was infact a home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

pluse we were over charged and when I phoned to complain I was asked if I wanted them to send it again .lol what a joke so now im taking a stand and I will get my money back if its the last thing I do as the law states I am an unsatisfied customer.

They offered you a replacement, you said no. I fail to see how you are entitled to a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Craichoe, I'm thinking that this was infact a home delivery.

Ah indeed ... my fault .. was a bit hard to understand with the lack of punctuation and spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

craichoe wrote: »
    was a bit hard to understand with the lack of punctuation and spelling.
    :pac::pac:

ha ha.

OP you must of been really really pissed off to make you register on boards.ie and post about it.

I f I was paranoid or a regular poster in the CT forum I'd say you might even own a takeaway yourself:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

They offered you a replacement, you said no. I fail to see how you are entitled to a refund.
    Complaing about food and then letting them cook more for you isn't the best idea.. I'd never trust anyone to make me food after I just told them what they had given me was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    :pac::pac:

ha ha.

OP you must of been really really pissed off to make you register on boards.ie and post about it.

I f I was paranoid or a regular poster in the CT forum I'd say you might even own a takeaway yourself:D

Especially when it seems that the OP has a pretty poor grasp of spelling and punctuation. Hmmmmmmm Suspect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I bet the OP runs an even dodgier pizza joint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Well I definitely won't be ordering anything from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

3 R's, Refund, replacement or repair,

If I remember correctly you are entitled to demand a refund, but can agree on a replacement or repair ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

JustinOval wrote: »
    Well I definitely won't be ordering anything from there.

Because you're from Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

PeteK* wrote: »
    Complaing about food and then letting them cook more for you isn't the best idea.. I'd never trust anyone to make me food after I just told them what they had given me was terrible.
    Ditto on that. tell em to go f*** themselves politely and order something more.
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I bet the OP runs an even dodgier pizza joint
    We're not In Meath (not mentioning names)
    spartan1 wrote: »

If I remember correctly you are entitled to demand a refund, but can agree on a replacement or repair ?

Replacement and Refund. How do you repair food?

Op seems pissed about having to wait for food? Why not collecin future. Deliveries from a lot of chinese takeaways are never great.
    on top of that a wantan is cooked in vegetable oil which dries out within around 10mins. Most spring rolls are bought in at a set weight, frozen then deep fried. again in vegetable oil which may explain the dirt.
    I'm not defending this takeaway nor am I too arsed but realistically. Having seen and worked behind the scenes I know enough from many takeaway establishments from pizza to chinese and indian etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Actually you come across as unreasonable based on the fact that when you complaint they offetred to fix it by sending you a meal again, you refused this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

OP, am I correct in assuming you ate all/most of the horrible food you were sent which lead to the complaint being made? Given that you had to wait an unreasonable amount of time to take delivery of it I'm also assuming you must have been fairly hungry when it finally arrived....that'd be a logical explanation for why you understandably would not have wanted more food sent to you from these same people.

I've eaten food from China Court, not the greatest by take away standards, but not the absolute worst, there's a place in barna i'm really not keen on and it's what I set my absolute worst take away standards by :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I can't wait for part 2. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

bennyob wrote: »

Oh, I don't think we'll be hearing from the proprietor of the new Ming Palace ... I mean OP again anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

bennyob wrote: »

I was just thinking the same thing ........ I hope that the OP comes back with an update!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Mactard wrote: »
    OP, am I correct in assuming you ate all/most of the horrible food you were sent which lead to the complaint being made? Given that you had to wait an unreasonable amount of time to take delivery of it I'm also assuming you must have been fairly hungry when it finally arrived....that'd be a logical explanation for why you understandably would not have wanted more food sent to you from these same people.
    If you're waiting so long tho' you'd expect the food to be coming stright from the kitchen, so it being a long time is no reason for it to be cold.. maybe it was late being cooked etc Did I make sense? :pac:
    spartan1 wrote: »

I think it's their choice and not yours to what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

For somebody that was so annoyed and goes to the trouble of registering with 'BOARDS'(no I am not connected with BOARDS for fear of a ban)The poster has cooled down very quickly.
    As much as I love Boards I get so P+++++d off with first time posters thinking they can come here and ruin somebody else.
    I have no doubt the poster is lurking at the replies-so why don't you go off and get yourself a life like us real Boardies have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Mactard wrote: »
    there's a place in barna i'm really not keen on and it's what I set my absolute worst take away standards by :pac:.
    Isn't that the place that closed its doors for a few weeks mysteriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Cabaal wrote: »
    Actually you come across as unreasonable based on the fact that when you complaint they offetred to fix it by sending you a meal again, you refused this.
    Nonsense.

Yes, they offered to replace it. And yes, to offer to replace it is as good as they can do, to be fair to them.

But you are hungry, told it would be 25 mins, it takes 40 (or 1h 05 depending on how you read the above), the food is poorly cooked, and your only option is to wait for the wholes thing again?

Not that unreasonable to refuse, in my opinion. Though if you've scoffed the lot, expecting a refund is a bit rich. Just ones of those things with take-aways unfortunately.

Advertisement