Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security lock on nokia 6101

• 09-11-2009 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, I have a 6101 that has just gone bust. I had all my data/numbers backup up using the nokia pc suite so phew but as I use this phone for my own small business I bought another one of them from ebay a while back just in case my own one bit the dust. Never checked it though. Today when I went to change out my sim to the ebay one, it ask for a security code when starting up. I haven't got a contact for the ebay seller and I have tried a load of sites on the web for ideas but all require the imei number. The problem is that I cannot find it, usually isn't there a sticker under the batteries in mobiles with this on it? Funnily enough, there is no sticker in my original one either? I cannot get into the phone so cannot do the *#06# thingy. It looks lie I have been sold a pup, as they say. Des anyone out there have any ideas for me? Would really appreciate help on this. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Random1

the default security code for nokias is usually just 12345, try that first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its not normally printed on the white sticker under the battery. The white sticker has the model and imei number, which is the same number you get from *#06#.

Try '12345' as the code, this is the default security code for nokia. If it doesnt work, you will be able to get it reset for €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Valeah

Thanks for the quick replies.

Have tried the 12345 already, no joy:-(

If I can get it reset so, does anyone know of a place around the laois area that does it or is it possible to do it yourself even.

Advertisement