Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Wind Godfist - Any special method to pulling it off?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to do it over the last couple days but I'd only get it 1/10 times. I know the idea is to press RP at the same time as d/f but I just can't get it going. I looked at the command history in practice and I found like a double input of d/f even though I'm doing like a quarter circle motion.

So anyone know any special way of doing it or a good approach to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Try to hit RP when your mind thinks it's hitting down on the joystick/pad.

Other than that, practice, practice, practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I know the idea is to press RP at the same time as d/f but I just can't get it going.

Wrong. You press 2 and d/f within two frames of each other, which is difficult.

The notation to do the move is f,N,d/f+2 or f,N,d~d/f+2

It's not easy to perform. You don't need to be proficcient at crouch dashing but having the motion down helps. You basically just need to hit the 2, immediately after (2 frames) but not simultaneous with the the d/f. It just becomes muscle memory after a while. I personally have it down 8/10 on both sides on Pad.

My advice would be to get down the Crouch Dash ( the f,n,d,d/f motion) comfortably, then just plan on hitting the 2 within two frames of the d/f. After enough practice it just becomes second nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

I wouldn't worry about it too much tbh. I've been playing since DR and I can hardly do it, and once you learn how to do it in pratice your still going to find it pretty hard to punish anything 17 frames or less with it, i do.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

f,fd&2 press 2 at the same time as fd (f=forward, fd =forward down, 2 =right punch)

f,fd&2 press 2 at the same time as fd (f=forward, fd =forward down, 2 =right punch)

I wouldn't exactly say the same time because if this was the case people would have no issues with executing the EWGF. I'm sure you need to press 2 exactly two frames after the d/f. I'm sure (correct me if I'm wrong) it can't be any more or any less. Because any more would just cause you to hang in a CD state, thus negating any chance of getting an EWGF, and any less would be too soon.

I know no one has like a frame counter in their heads and can tell when two frames passes (bar frame data, kind of), but to be technical it's two frames after d/f. I think it would be fair to say "quick", but not the same time as the d/f

• Advertisement

You need to press RP (2) *within* 2 frames of hitting the d/f direction; i.e. either exactly with d/f, or 1-2 frames after.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Right, I'll live with the WGF then, I'm not a 1 or 2 frame man.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You need to press RP (2) *within* 2 frames of hitting the d/f direction; i.e. either exactly with d/f, or 1-2 frames after.

Is it still 2 frames, people were syaing its easier to do in 6, so maybe the frame gaps wider? :rolleyes:

Bound combos > 6x EWGF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

on a bad day ill hit 80% ish, on a good day 95%+
    I'd say aim for pressing the df+2 at the same time, thats what i do

• Advertisement

Well yeah, thats what I meant about the command history bit in my original post. If the d/f comes out with RP below it on the first d/f, it works but strange thing is that like I was saying before, all the other times, the command history shows me pressing d/f twice even though I'm doing like a quarter circle motion. I have no problem at all pulling off the standard Wind Godfist or things like Spinning Demon or Dragon Uppercut so I've got the motion right, I just can't get Electric Wind Godfist going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why are you doing a quarter circle motion when you should be doing a DP? :confused:

what to do is try do the second part as fast as possible
    after you press f you can delay a little before imputtin the d,df+2, but just try do this part as quick as you can and it should work

Oh yeah, and if you're playing Kazuya, you need to learn his 13-frame EWGF:
    f, N, d/f+2 -- EWGF from Mist Step (omits the 'd' command)

Above is essential for landing the df+2 CH EWGF launcher
    If you can do that consistently you are doing well

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I think you're wrong dude. The 2 has to register after the d/f (within two frames, i.e, one, or two). If you hit the 2 on the d/f, you'll get WGF

I'm pretty sure I'm right but if I'm wrong, apologies

I think he's right Ramza as when it does work (for me anyway), the command history shows me pressing the d/f and RP at the same time.

I'm getting it more often now although my directional inputs are a faster now so I don't really know whats doing but still can't do it consistently. Why do they have to make it so tricky? I mean, really, the only reason I can think of is for people to show off by saying they can do it everytime.

I'm not exactly a clumsy user when it comes to pad inputs as I've pulled off some critical timing stuff in SFIV or worse yet, VF5 but just doesn't work in T6. I'm hoping that once I switch to a stick and get used to it that it'll be easier to pull off.

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I think he's right Ramza as when it does work (for me anyway), the command history shows me pressing the d/f and RP at the same time

Oh, right. I just thought that like if the EWGF allowed for d/f and 2 to be pressed simultaneously, then people wouldn't have a huge issue with it. Guess I was wrong. :D

But yeah, the main thing I notice is that people tend to try and like execute it too quick or get caught up in their execution. EWGF doesn't require a faster input. It just requires more precise inputs. the best way to do EWGF is just to take it as slow/normal as a normal WGF, it's just the end part that's different.

I can show you maybe if you're at the XGC on ther 14th (not saying im a pro or anything)

:D

Hmm... have you tried the SF trick of double-tapping (drumming the same button twice with 2 fingers)?

I do remember my EWGF being 10-20% more accurate on pad when I tap both R1 + Triangle.
    Really though, practice makes perfect with this move.

you mean press R1 and Triangle simultaneously or one after another? Just a little confused.

• Advertisement

You'll be hard-pressed to get them frame-perfectly together! :pac:

Advertisement