Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple piercing

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

I bet you wear barbed wire boxers too! Piercing a female nipple at 2.4 is bad enough, but a male nipple!!! I know the 2.4 looks cool, but there is a reason why 99.9% of all nipple jewellery measures 1.6mm. Pierce it, Heal it, Stretch it. much easier and kinder way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I bet you wear barbed wire boxers too! Piercing a female nipple at 2.4 is bad enough, but a male nipple!!! I know the 2.4 looks cool, but there is a reason why 99.9% of all nipple jewellery measures 1.6mm. Pierce it, Heal it, Stretch it. much easier and kinder way to do it.

do they?? interesting! I realised earlier while i was looking at jewellery online that I have no idea what size my bar is!! :o

Diameter is normally 1.6mm (or 14g) to our American cousins. Length, just take it out and use a ruler. Normal rule of thumb is size of nipple plus a mil or 2 for swelling (yes I know its healed but your nipples still swell !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I didn't know any better, they never healed. Took em out 2 years later. Pain was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I'm very surprised to hear about a 2.4 nipple piercing. Most piercers won't pierce it any larger than a 1.6. Stretching up afterwards is realitively easy but the trauma of piercing it that size.... I'm not surprised you had problems with it.

i had the same problems with my 1.6 nipple too, but not quite as epic. larger, and number than it started. i only had two tries at it, and both were a disaster.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm thinking of getting both of mine done in Dublin city somewhere- would Snakebite be a good place to go or are there any other recommendations? I was also thinking of BodyShock maybe, but I'm not sure where they are located.
    Should I get them both pierced on the same day?
    The sea salt soak- do you just use regular bought-in-the-supermarket sea salt and add a little to water, yeah?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsHarlotDeVille

I would only recommend visiting Áine in Wildcat,St Stephens' Green Shopping Centre. She is professional,honest,open and bordering on OCD when it comes to hygiene. Even if it's just to consult her or query the procedure,I would really urge you to see her.

Tell her I sent you,too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm not keen on Wildcat but thanks anyway. I think I'll probably go with Snakebite because someone told me Bodyshock has closed down and I've heard good things about Snakebite. :)

Áine has moved to Galway and is soon opening her own studio, I believe called AWOL Tattoos and Piercings. Bodyshock are still very much in business, they've just moved premises to behind their old shop, on the same street as classic ink. Snakebite are always a good choice also.

Bodyshock has reopened. I had a very bad experience in Snakebite and since then I have only ever visited Áine @ Wildcat.

Whatever choice you make,enjoy. You'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago!

@Will - Áine is still in Dublin,herself and her brother own and run the Galway business and she commutes regularly.

Fair enough so :)

I know *far* too much,considering I no longer live in Dublin!

I know far too little it seems :pac:

I put that down to your location ;)

Yeah I really should get my head out for some air every now and again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Princess18

I Got Mine Done When I Was 16.. Unprofessionly, With A Needle And An Earring & Never Look After It.. But I Never Had A Problem With It! I Must Of Just Been Lucky.. Im 18 Now And Im Just After Taking It Out A Few Days Ago Because I Got A Sternum Peircing (Which I Love) So I Dont Want To Much Around That Certain Area.. I Recommend It, I Think Its Cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

^^ above poster does not represent the mindset of KK people. ^^

Ye dubs keep those culchie comments in!!

^^ above poster does not represent the mindset of KK people. ^^

The thought never crossed my mind Raze :D Just remind me however, to never let someone, ahem, not from Dublin (see I didn't say Culchie) to give me a PA. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Raze, you're a culchie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The thought never crossed my mind Raze :D Just remind me however, to never let someone, ahem, not from Dublin (see I didn't say Culchie) to give me a PA. ;)
    ha ha ah hush.....it's grand they just use the tag gun for livestock!
    Raze, you're a culchie.

Pffft you're more culchie than me my man, at least I was born in dublin