Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Kevin Street fire?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Anybody any idea what happened? from what I could see the fire brigade ambulance came and took someone away on one of the stair-escape thingeys. Just wondering what else is going on there! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

nerdnoc90 wrote: »
    Anybody any idea what happened? from what I could see the fire brigade ambulance came and took someone away on one of the stair-escape thingeys. Just wondering what else is going on there! :confused:

Dublin fire brigade often send out a fire truck to medical calls to provide assistance untl an ambulance becomes available so there is unlikely to have been a fire more someone injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

It was a bit strange, why was the fire alarm going off if there was no fire, and only an ambulance came out. (not that it couldnt be a serious thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

There was someone outside the snackery with the medics checking them out...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

The fire alarm only went off in the Anex building for a couple of seconds. We locked the door so they wouldn't come in and move us out of the labs, since we were trying to get work done and there seems to be a fire drill about once a week at this stage.

Also, the fire safety staff are real arseholes. They're always so angry at you when you don't instantaneously commit to their every command. You often feel like turning around and telling them to fuck right off. If they think I'm leaving my laptop and my possessions behind for a fire drill I'm afraid they're going to be rather disappointed. Giving out because a student packs their bag during a fire alarm, especially when they have expensive possessions is just retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

I just heard it go off briefly for about 5 seconds and just ignored it. Didn't realise any fire brigade or ambulance came around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The point is that if there is a fire, you need to be out of there ASAP.

Staff are informed of firedrills, if they havent been informed of one today, then they can only assume it's a real fire, even though it's probably some idiot student who doesnt want to go to an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

seriously? that's secondary school shit. I don't think anyone would bother to try pull that off in college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

wolfric wrote: »
    seriously? that's secondary school shit. I don't think anyone would bother to try pull that off in college

They would...

Advertisement