Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

connollys wrote: »
    Agreed, was waiting for Art to get goosed somehow, even at the end, celebrating in the offices when they were going on about him retiring soon and what a way to go.

I can see Art dying at the end of the season sending Raylan on the warpath for it's final run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Temaz wrote: »
    I can see Art dying at the end of the season sending Raylan on the warpath for it's final run.

We were talking about this today and the consensus was that if Art got killed, it would be because of something that Raylan did. Their's a tragic element to this show that keeps it having an edge other shows lack. Their's no safe character either physical or morally. It might even turn out that Art is as willing to break the law as Raylan given the right/wrong circumstances.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    We were talking about this today and the consensus was that if Art got killed, it would be because of something that Raylan did. Their's a tragic element to this show that keeps it having an edge other shows lack. Their's no safe character either physical or morally. It might even turn out that Art is as willing to break the law as Raylan given the right/wrong circumstances.

I also see Raylan losing his badge making him a total renegade next season with some help from Boyd along the way.

The final scene will be Raylan and Boyd with guns pointed at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Temaz wrote: »
    I also see Raylan losing his badge making him a total renegade next season with some help from Boyd along the way.

The final scene will be Raylan and Boyd with guns pointed at each other.

That would be too clichéd and obvious for this show.

And I can't believe that scene with the shotgun. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Another quality episode though still not taking to the social worker. Boyd and Daryl teaming up...interesting.

Liked how the made it look like Ava was going for her throat with the razor before switching to hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Decent episode, with a great bit of humour with Rayland Chris the tech guy;

“Is there any way to put a reply on T.C.’s blog?” “God no. The technology to reply to a post is decades away.” :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

yea, I liked that guy but overall a very meh epsiode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Thread has died a bit of a death.

Poor season i think. Not enough Raylan, Art or Tim. Nice to see Eric Roberts on the small screen. Great dialogue tonight. To paraphrase....

talking about a gun, Roberts to Raylan about a glock "they jam so bad you could spread them on your breakfast toast"

Reply to insult about a six gun, Roberts "nothing a little oil won't make it as smooth as a clinton apology".

Classic Justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Heckler wrote: »
    Thread has died a bit of a death.

Poor season i think. Not enough Raylan, Art or Tim. Nice to see Eric Roberts on the small screen. Great dialogue tonight. To paraphrase....

talking about a gun, Roberts to Raylan about a glock "they jam so bad you could spread them on your breakfast toast"

Reply to insult about a six gun, Roberts "nothing a little oil won't make it as smooth as a clinton apology".

Classic Justified.

I'm really enjoying this season tbh

It was a much better episode this week, mainly due to the return of Wayne Duffy and a confident Boyd.

It's a shame Art and Raylan's relationship is dead, they were a fantastic crime fighting duo.

• Advertisement

I feel this season is kinda setting things up for an epic final season, there will be some shocks in this season yet.

The King Lear stuff was great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

21-Foot Rule part 2 :eek::D

Nick Searcy (Art) had a bit of a twitter meltdown recently!
    Veteran character actor Nick Searcy of Justified went into a full-blown Twitter rage over the weekend, firing off a stream of anger and invective that eventually ensnared a number of high-profile game journalists.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132467-Justifieds-Nick-Searcy-Goes-Rage-Nuts-On-Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Gonna start watching this now. I love Timothy Olyphant. Hope its worth it lads and lassies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I want to be Wynn Duffy in life as much as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The show isn't as gritty as I previously had anticipated :( Still though. I'll watch it through because Olyphant is sexy and cool as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The show isn't as gritty as I previously had anticipated :( Still though. I'll watch it through because Olyphant is sexy and cool as ****.

I assume you've only watched the first few episodes of season 1. They are awful to be blunt. You can skip them and you'd be the better for it. Things get going late in season 1. Season 2, 3 and 4 are great.

I really hope Art makes it, especially after his joke on Raylan: “Let me ask you this: If I were to admit to hitting him, could you call it child abuse and take custody of him for me?”

Also Boyd gave the anti smoking camp a great new ad video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Boyd's bomb was brilliant. I'd be worried about Art at this stage, either way I don't think he will be around next season.

Good episode. Serious with some funny Dewey scenes. Heading for a good finale I think. Hard to tell who's going to make it out alive.

• Advertisement

Boyd walking so casually into the station was side splitting! It was hilarious.

Raylan and Boyd are safe even though it's looking bad for Boyd. The final season will be Raylan trying to take down Boyd and I expect Walton Googins to reach new levels with Boyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

seems to be going downhill this show

just my 2c

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The main problem for me is that each season is basically following the same pattern over and over, just with slightly different bad guys in play.

They still have some great characters, who are well acted, and with some fantastic dialog. But they really need to shake up the formula a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yeah this season was a bit lackluster.
    I think it's a plot problem, at this stage it's too late to bring in new characters that aren't connected to the main plot and 2 seasons to wrap up the story is just too long. We ended up with a rehash of the issues from last season without any conclusion (well I don't expect one anyway, haven't seen the last ep yet). It all depends on how well they tie it all together next season for a finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Boyd Crowther grates on me a little

he just seems to ham it up

same with Dewie Crowe and the lawyered up sister

the plotlines are boring

I've enjoyed it overall though

I'm starting to think banshee is a better show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I've found Raylan to be a bit more of an @sshole this year. the way he was talking with Ava reminded me a lot of how he foresaw that his Dad would probably be killed in prison but did nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

found it a bit slow going after Season 3 so went watching White Collar instead for a few weeks.
    I had 6 eps back to back of Justified and thought it was great. Sometimes you're better off doing this as you tend to enjoy it more and not focus so much on slow eps.

Boyd Crowther grates on me a little

he just seems to ham it up

Blasphemy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This season was a bit anticlimactic compared to the previous ones.

The last few sceens of this season hopefully set up a balls to the wall final season between Boyd and Raylan.

• Advertisement

It was a bit anticlimatic. Far more emphasis on the bad guys this season. I want to see more Tim. Hes more badass than Raylan who turned into a total prick this season and thats fine but for the lead i thought he was underused.

Boyd as always was great as is Duffy in any scene he is in. Verging on the cartoonish but just gets away with it.

Writing and dialogue was up there. Still a great show. Gonna miss it.

Advertisement