Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Heckler wrote: »
    It was a bit anticlimatic. Far more emphasis on the bad guys this season. I want to see more Tim. Hes more badass than Raylan who turned into a total prick this season and thats fine but for the lead i thought he was underused.

Boyd as always was great as is Duffy in any scene he is in. Verging on the cartoonish but just gets away with it.

Writing and dialogue was up there. Still a great show. Gonna miss it.

Agree with all this. Season was one of the weakest mainly because of the Crows. And Raylan has become such a pr!ck. While he has always been a bit of a maverick he seems to be crossing the line to being corrupt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I've found Raylan to be a bit more of an @sshole this year. the way he was talking with Ava reminded me a lot of how he foresaw that his Dad would probably be killed in prison but did nothing about it.

What other way would he \ should he talk to Eva? She's not exactly rainbows and teddy bears now is she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Whatever season had the double identity sheriff was the worst, was it the season before the current one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Trilla wrote: »
    What other way would he \ should he talk to Eva? She's not exactly rainbows and teddy bears now is she?

I didn't expect him to get her released but he did have a relationship with the person so I thought he should have shown some concern for her life. I just find the portrayal of Raylan is a bit harder this year, like he doesn't care when he gets people killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

The end song was called 'You'll never leave Harlan alive'... I wonder is it any indication to Raylan's future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Peace wrote: »
    The end song was called 'You'll never leave Harlan alive'... I wonder is it any indication to Raylan's future.
    Could have sworn they've used that song before in a previous finale.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They've used three different versions of it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Patty Loveless version is my particular favourite.

All set up for the final season then, going to be less "playful" between Raylan and Boyd, poor Ava stuck between a rock and a hard place. Enjoyed this series (just watched last couple of episodes there) but Ava in prison all felt a bit tacked on and could have easily got to the conclusion we have without it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Patty Loveless version is my particular favourite.

All set up for the final season then, going to be less "playful" between Raylan and Boyd, poor Ava stuck between a rock and a hard place. Enjoyed this series (just watched last couple of episodes there) but Ava in prison all felt a bit tacked on and could have easily got to the conclusion we have without it all.

Really?? His abandonment of her while she was in prison and also her fear of going back inside is why she is helping the marshals service.

What possible reason would Eva have for turning on Boyd prior to her stint in prison? It was needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Kirby wrote: »
    Really?? His abandonment of her while she was in prison and also her fear of going back inside is why she is helping the marshals service.

What possible reason would Eva have for turning on Boyd prior to her stint in prison? It was needed.
    Yeah I wasn't clear in my last post, apologies.
    You are absolutely right, prison was needed, but the stories in prison felt tacked on and stretched to fill out time. It needed one or two episodes in prison, not a whole season. Ava's life is put in danger in 1 episode Boyd has option to save her or save himself, chooses himself, job done. Still ends up with Ava fearful of being sent back inside by Raylan, aware of where Boyds priorities lay. Same outcome, quicker way of getting there.

Just thought the prison storyline was the least interesting part of this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I started watching the latest season weekly as the episodes were released but wasn't really enjoying it a whole lot, in fact I was quite disappointed and thought it was a mess, so I stopped after 5 episodes. Over the last few days I finally went back and watched the whole thing from start to finish (I think I just watched 8 episodes in a row tonight) and my opinion on the series has done a complete reversal. I thought it was absolutely superb. Possibly there were too many plot lines going on to try and keep track when there's been a week between episodes but watching it as a huge block it really did feel like a proper cinematic thriller.
    Nearly every small and seemingly trivial detail came back into the story at some point, and the sprawling stories that I initially found hard to keep track of came together very cleverly in the without feeling forced or contrived.
    Perhaps the last episode itself was a slight anti-climax in that was a little straightforward, but also because of the sheer quality of some of the preceding episodes. Some great lines all the way through as well, "Put your foot down Dewey Crowe!" "I'd call this a united nations of assholes" and "Third person?? You mean him?" being my favourites.
    Personally I loved the heavy focus on the criminals this time round. Really felt it fleshed out the overall story arcs, blurred the lines of who you're rooting for a bit more (especially with Raylan being a bit more of a dick than usual), and just gave the whole Harlan county world a bit more life.
    With Raylan, I really enjoyed his standoffs with Art and the tension between them. Because of how great a character Art is, and because in general he's very calm and cool, when the scale his disappointment and frustration with Raylan became clear even I started to feel genuinely let down by him!
    I know reaction has been mixed to this series here but I definitely think this could be one where a repeated, binge watching, viewing will reveal its true quality. Probably my favourite since season 2.

Its back in January right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thrill wrote: »

Justified will fire off its sixth and final round starting Tuesday, Jan. 20

Not too long to go now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Trilla wrote: »
    Not too long to go now :)

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee So excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

How many eps are we getting in the last series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Where and when will we get S6 in Ireland first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

LowOdour wrote: »

Illegitimately online most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Someone posted in the Irish Premier dates that it will air on TG4 from 14 Feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Someone posted in the Irish Premier dates that it will air on TG4 from 14 Feb

Yes. Source.

Saturday nights starting Feb 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Starting tonight on US TV. Good to have it back. Sam Elliot and Garret Dillahunt appearing. Hope its better than season 5 and goes out with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starting tonight on US TV. Good to have it back. Sam Elliot and Garret Dillahunt appearing. Hope its better than season 5 and goes out with a bang.

With Sam Elliott and his mustache this season can't fail.

With Sam Elliott and his mustache this season can't fail.

Think I read he has no mustache !! :eek:

edit:yup. Go to google images, type in Sam Elliot justified and you see a mustache-less elliot with adam arkin on set. Looks odd without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Think I read he has no mustache !! :eek:

3sdbgk.jpg

brian_t wrote: »
    Justified season 6 starts on TG4 on Saturday February 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Good Season opener
    RIP Dewey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    Good Season opener
    RIP Dewey

Great way to start off the final season and I sure as hell didn't see that coming :eek:

Just watched it. Think it going to be a dark season. While I love the humour and wit I think it deserves to go out that way. Great opener. And that....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Definitely agree about it being darker this season, I have a feeling this season will be a lot more solid than the last as well.

• Advertisement

He lasted for so long, thought he might get out alive with his 4 kidneys :p

Damon Herriman played Dewey brilliantly

Advertisement