Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

Blazer wrote: »

That looks good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished binge-watching this show having seen it recommended on here a while back. Loved it. Enjoyed all of the seasons.

I like how characters that seemed peripheral at first ended up becoming some of my favourites. Like Mikey and Wynn Duffy's interactions, or the friendship between Dewey and Dickie.

Raylan was a cool character to root for. I like how he's not presented as overpowered. He gets beat up a good few times. The relationship he has with his colleagues is understated and well done. I especially liked the interactions with Art.

Boyd Crowder - definitely one of my favourite villains on a show. Steals almost every scene. Ava must be one of the most badass female characters on a show as well. Real survivor.

I think my favourite episode was Season 3, episode 1. The ending of the final episode was satisfactory. Even though I would be keen on it coming back in some capacity, maybe it's best to leave it on a high.

Overall, would highly recommend it if anyone still hasn't seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Amen

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's funny, happen to be doing a rewatch myself at the minute. Literally finished season 5 tonight. Had thought the bump might have been for a new series or spin off. Ah well!

Agree with all the previous bar one: I don't root for Raylan cos my reading was basically how for all his badge legitimising his actions, he was just a big an a$$hole as his dad was. He could be mean, sometimes cruel and manipulative to get his man and never repentant. And everyone else suffers as a result of his actions - including his suffering boss Art (who's one of those fantastic side characters the show excelled at). His swaggering cool was beguiling but he was an awful person.

Him and Boyd are very much two sides of the same coin and honestly I think I prefer Boyd on balance. Heroin dalliance aside he's a very charismatic, relatable "villain".

In terms of season antagonists, the show never quite topped Mags Bennett, she and Margo Martindale's performance was just stellar. Limehouse maybe second. Season 5 was the weakest with the Crowes. It says a lot about the strength of those side characters though that a collosal neo nazi f*ck up like Dewie Crowe could be a sympathetic figure.

Definitely one of the underrated gems of the 2010s.

I liked Raylan as a character but he definitely was prepared to throw anyone under the bus to get his way. Poor Ava a massive case in point. Not a sheet of paper between Boyd and Raylan really, but then they did dig coal together. Couldn't prefer Boyd to Raylan after the Dewey thing though.

Still one of my favourite shows of all time I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭golfball37

Watching Rake on Netflix and Dewie Crowe is an Australian police detective in it. I nearly fell off the chair. Looked him up online and he’s an Aussie!
    His accent in Justified is spot on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"You mean I got FOUR kidneys?"

That episode still cracks me up thinking about, poor Dewey. You magnificent moron.

Was a highly quotable show, my own favourite being a useful maxim for life: "You run into an a$$hole in the morning, you ran into an a$$hole. You run into a$$holes all day, you're the a$$hole."

Raylan tossing a bullet to Duffy in the motor home asking him to talk or “the next one is coming a lot faster”

Genius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

Has anyone seen this and if so would you recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yes and yes.

billyhead wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this and if so would you recommend it?

YES YES YES YES YES YES 100% YES YES YES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes and Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Did you get a notification that it's now on All4 too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭ollkiller

For Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder it's worth it alone. He steals every scene he is in. It's a class show and the seasons just fly by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Aurelian

Excellent show but it really declined over the last few seasons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Absolutely yes. Some great characters in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

Which season would be considered the best?

billyhead wrote: »
    Which season would be considered the best?

Season 2 for me is the best by some distance. It’s like picking out a favorite child however. It’s the funniest of all the recent great dramas of the box set era and the dialogue is the wittiest and sharpest of all of them.
    I agree the later stuff isn’t as good but the finale was a great pay off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Brilliant show,it tailed off towards the end but it was at a very high level for a long time.

Raylan and Boyd are two great characters.

I thought they finished it brilliantly, very satisfying the way it ended. It's worse seasons (and I enjoyed them all) still a country mile better than most other shows on television. The main characters, the supporting characters, the setting, the storylines. Fantastic.

Which season is best? They're all fantastic, except for Season 5 that was merely OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

Enjoyed season 1, loved season 2 and 3, Dickie Bennett, hilarious. Enjoyed Season 4, loved Boyd in s 5, but the storyline wasnt as good as usual. Season 6 was just epic, really enjoyed it 'Son, are you real smart or real stupid', the delivery by Raylan was perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Rewatched it when lockdown kicked in.

Worth it for the dialogue alone.

Walton Goggins was a choice picK for this, and to think he was only meant to be in the pilot but the feedback on his character Boyd was too good so they had to keep him!

golfball37 wrote: »
    Season 2 for me is the best by some distance. It’s like picking out a favorite child however. It’s the funniest of all the recent great dramas of the box set era and the dialogue is the wittiest and sharpest of all of them.
    I agree the later stuff isn’t as good but the finale was a great pay off

Mags Bennett played by Margo Martindale what a baddie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think she won an Emmy for her performance? She was excellent, the whole storyline in season 2 was brilliant

Just finishing up season 6 at the moment myself. Aside from its great lead characters, the one thing Justified always had above most TV shows was how well written it's "once off" characters could be.

All those passing gun thugs, Harlan locals or whatnot often had the right tincture of personality and character to make them memorable. From Quarells to "Choo-choo", they stuck in your head. The dialogue and turn of phrase fantastic, you could tell this originated from an Elmore Leonard story.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You mean Acclaimed Character Actress Margo Martindale right? And yes, she was one of my favoruite antagonists, alongside of course Boyd.

• Advertisement

Kaitlyn Dever who played Loretta seems to be doing well

Advertisement