Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Timothy Olyphant is brilliant in this I thought he'd a real Gary Cooper/John Wayne swagger to him all cowboy all the time.
    Walton Goggins absolutely chewed up the scenery as Boyd sometimes I thought he'd lose track of his point when he started a sentence but he never did.
    Most of the recurring characters were excellent as well I had a particular fondness for Dewey Crowe reminds me of my dog a dumb sh!t that just wants his ear scratched.
    A cracking show that kept motoring all the way through six seasons with only a few splutters. It ended in a nice way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the wonder that is Justified pajiba have an overview. Lots of spoilers, very long, and bits I don't necessarily completely agree with but they clearly have as much love for the show as I (and suspect most here) do.

https://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/justified-10th-anniversary-of-a-harlan-county-war-between-two-men-who-dug-coal-together.php

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The Justified showrunner might be turning another Elmore Leonard Novel into a TV show and Raylan Givens might be the protagonist:

https://www.polygon.com/tv/22336493/timothy-olyphant-raylan-givens-justified-new-show

I'd 100% watch this.
    I started a Justified re-watch last week. Already up to episode 10 of season 2. The characters and interactions are amazing and it holds up so well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Easily one of the best shows of the 2010s, no question, yet curiously goes unheralded in Best Of lists.

As to a new show, if they want to deviate from the book and bring in Raylan, I am all over that. Loved how brazen The Mandalorian simply made Timothy Olyphant space-Raylan in his appearance (albeit with the àsshole dialled back a notch or two)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

I'd 100% watch this. I started a Justified re-watch last week. Already up to episode 10 of season 2. The characters and interactions are amazing and it holds up so well.

I'm on a bit of a re-watch at the moment myself - such an entertaining show.

I'm on season 3 at the moment - Neal McDonough is so good as Robert Quarles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Justified: City Primeval

Justified: City Primeval finds Raylan still living in Miami, to which he relocated in the series finale. A walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of his 14-year-old daughter with Winona, “his hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind,” the synopsis tells us.

A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway leads Raylan to Detroit, where he crosses paths with Clement Mansell aka “The Oklahoma Wildman,” a violent, sociopathic desperado who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once — and aims to do so again. Mansell’s lawyer, Motor City native Carolyn Wilder, has every intention of representing her client even as she finds herself caught between a cop and a criminal, with her own game afoot as well. “These three characters set out on a collision course in classic Elmore Leonard fashion, to see who makes it out of the City Primeval alive.”

Given that Raylan is not a character in the source material, it appears he will in some ways supplant the novel’s protagonist, homicide Detective Raymond Cruz.

Dave Andron and Michael Dinner, who were executive producers on the OG Justified, will serve are showrunners, writers and EPs, with Dinner directing. Olyphant will also carry an EP credit, as will previous showrunner Graham Yost (among others.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Holy **** ! Never thought we might see Raylan on screen again. Great news.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well shít. That's just gone made my day. Though Justified without Boyd Crowder and the brilliant Kentuckian ensemble might be weird for a spell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

WooHoooooo, great news but I am a bit worried about them ruining the legacy, Boyd/Walton Goggins was the star of the show for me

Oh yeah, he and Ava were, by the end, the true protagonists of the show. While the central thesis - IMO - was that while both Boyd and Raylan were àssholes, Boyd had it beaten into him by his environment and circumstance. Raylan was always a mean àsshole like his dad; leaving Kentucky didn't change a thing. A new series would do well to remember that he's no hero; not really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I must watch it again, but his introduction in Miami was 1 of the best introductions of a character ever. Saying that I'm probably biased as I'm a major Olyphant fanboy, I even re-watched Hitman recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

That was a great introduction. Badass as fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted to hear this. What would this likely be on? Disney Plus? Prime?

Justified is currently on Prime, but who knows. I notice a number of FX shows on Prime, but none I have seen are currently running shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Quentin Tarantino linked to direct

Boyd Crowder is probably our of the running but wonder what odds you'd get some of Givens' old colleagues having a cameo or two. Rachel seemed destined to head the Marshalls, I'd not be surprised if she's far ahead of Raylan in this.

Vulture article from a while back was update with this info recently.

When will Justified: City Primeval be released?

It’s slated to premiere in summer 2023 on FX.

https://www.vulture.com/2023/02/justified-spinoff-city-primeval-timothy-olyphant-details.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wondering if that suggests it's likely to pop up on Disney+. I've been debating whether to renew my subscription and if I could see that on it that would be a big draw for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭golfball37

I was hoping like deadwood we might get a movie in 15 years time. Boyd is out on parole and discovers he has a kid.

Parole is unlikely with all Boyd is in for, but it's a TV show, so who knows? Overturned conviction maybe.

I didn't even think they would ever return to the Justified universe, stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is starting on Alibi on Sky from the 1st of January

Advertisement