Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i wonder what the body count is overall, seem to be so many deaths that just get shrugged off, i mean how many crime has mags orchestarted and yet she passes them of on others and even her confession to one murder would be dismissed as possibly coerced, she might not have been facing jail but surely she'd have a organised crimes taskforce on her ass all the time now if not before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

But she had Doyle as chief of police so most of her crimes were probably never even reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Wow, what a show. Just watched both seasons over the last week or so, enjoyed them so much that I'd spend most of the day just looking forward to getting home to watch more!
    Season 1 was great, but season 2... that was just another level of fantasticness. Those last few episodes were seriously tense. The show really came into it's own when they played down the criminal of the week stories and concentrated on a proper series storyline.
    Very curious about who the woman was that convinced Jed to recant his statement... And how will Art and Raylan get on after the Winona money story, it was hard not to share his disappointment at times.
    I don't want to wait a year for more dammit!

don't know what the mystery is about the old women, i presumed it was his mother and that mags had enough clout and threat to get her to go in to prison and tell her son to confess to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Watched the first couple of seasons, finished them off today.

Fantastic show, really enjoyed them. I was a bit dubious to begin with because I expected it to be a much more gritty. But I'll stick with any show with Walton Goggins, he was one of the best characters in The Shield and it's fantastic having him back on screen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched the last 7 episodes back to back. :D
    Haven't done that with one show in a long time.

Wow.... just, wow.

Lots of little threads for season 3 too (Boyd's exchange with the future police chief of Harlan on the bridge, the money, Wynn Duffy still around, Dickie still around, Boyd's new weed empire, Ava's wound, Winona pregnant....)

If I had one wish for next season, it's Jeremy Davies signing on more episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mr E wrote: »
    Just watched the last 7 episodes back to back. :D
    Haven't done that with one show in a long time.

Wow.... just, wow.

Lots of little threads for season 3 too (Boyd's exchange with the future police chief of Harlan on the bridge, the money, Wynn Duffy still around, Dickie still around, Boyd's new weed empire, Ava's wound, Winona pregnant....)

If I had one wish for next season, it's Jeremy Davies signing on more episodes.

I think that's the best way to watch a show like this. That's how I got hooked on S1. It was hard for S2 though as I couldn't wait for episodes, but I found if I rewatched the previous week's episode and the new one back to back it made it last longer!:D

Hopefully we'll see Jeremy Davies next season - they do baddies really well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

Great show, really came into it's own in season 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Die Hard 4.0 was on the other night and all I could think of what "jeez I never knew Waylan was a geek"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Watched the last 7 episodes today...damn, that was excellent. Probably the best thing on tv at the moment, and it's a damn shame that more people don't seem to know anything about it. The finale was suitable epic, and probably even tops season 1's ending (which was also fantastic). I love the Raylan/Boyd moments as well, and the two of them searching the court room for explosives was brilliant. Looking forward to season 3, where it looks like they might not be as friendly as they were this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Thank god i'm not the only one to have fallen for this. Timmy olyphant (a under rated actor , he was the best thing about GO and was great in Deadwood) just is the perfect good guy who just oozes Charmisa. But the real star of this show is Walton goggins (from the great show and another Fx production The Shield) as Boyd Crowder. I prefered the First season to the second cause i Felt Olyphant's Givens was bogged too much into his whiny ex wife Winona(played by the sexy Natalie Zea, am i the only one who feels her character kinda ruined season 2). But kind wished this was made by HBO seen as we could have got far darker storylines and some bad lanuage but still the best american show i've seen since the Wire.

as soon as the ex-wife tried to steal the money it was like what hell is wrong with this women and why is he with her, but i guess you'd asked why is he back in his home town aswell?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Caught up now. I was spacing them out pretty well, but had to watch the last three very closely.

Season 2 was excellent - Margo Martindale was fantastic and absolutely deserves her Emmy nomination. Mags was scary and believable, truly someone who'd do anything for her boys.
    Jeremy Davies stood out amongst those - filled with wiry tense energy. I sincerely hope we saw more of him next year and I'm guessing we will. Old Lady from 2x12 may pop back up and take over the Bennet empire, with Dickie by her side.

Olyphant himself just oozes charisma. He's one of the most likeable characters on screen and yet remains rounded, having flaws. The relationship he's developed with Boyd is great, nice and layered. Walton Goggins was great in "The Shield" and he's even better here. His character's already come a long way from the redneck in the show's premier.

Lovely surprise to find a show like this. Worst bit is having to wait so long for a third season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Spied Kaitlyn Dever (Loretta McCready) in Bad Teacher. Recognised the face straight away but took a couple of minutes to place her, because the character was so far removed from what she plays on Justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Neal McDonough and Mykelti Williamson have been cast as the awesomely named big bads of season 3.
    McDonough will recur as Quarles, a Detroit mobster in a sharp suit who comes to Kentucky with visions of becoming a crimelord. Williamson will play Limehouse, a man who lives in a small black town in Harlan County and who will do whatever it takes, legal or otherwise, to protect his holler.
    We’ll meet both characters early in season 3, which premieres in January. The show — which also earned Emmy nominations for stars Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins and guest actor Jeremy Davies, who’ll return — began production on the first of 13 new episodes Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Guest actor Jeremy Davies, who’ll return

Excellent! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Has anyone else noticed that.... Raylan doesn't quick draw anymore!!!:mad: :mad:
    He just stopped! I loved those scenes of him going up against all those guys, and then suddenly no more. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Watched them the other day. Nothing major in them. It looked like
    Boyd was hunting down Raylan in one of them but I'm not so sure when you see them running down an alley together shooting in the other one
    I cant remember what the hell happened at the end of last season. Might need a rewatch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't wait for this. Season 2 was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Season 1 was meh but season 2 was very good. I hope they stick to an overarching plot again and don't rely too much on the 'crime of the week' stuff. That gets boring

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Season 1 was meh but season 2 was very good. I hope they stick to an overarching plot again and don't rely too much on the 'crime of the week' stuff. That gets boring
    But the way this show does the 'crime of the week' always seems to push the main story on some more or we get to know something more about the characters. I dont think there has been a wasted episode in the first two seasons.

But the way this show does the 'crime of the week' always seems to push the main story on some more or we get to know something more about the characters. I dont think there has been a wasted episode in the first two seasons.

But it's very difficult to become invested in little plots that get neatly resolved at the end of every episode. Season 2 had no more than 2 of these kinds of episodes IIRC and it was much stronger.

That said, I really like the Deadwood cameos in those episodes

you need to remind of yourself of the first season ,there many, frankly silly, crime of the week episodes. the second season was a big change.

you need to remind of yourself of the first season ,there many, frankly silly, crime of the week episodes. the second season was a big change.
    The first season wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Let's not kid ourselves here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the first four or five eps of the first season were villain of the week affairs, and there was 1 or 2 later in the series too but they were mainly solid enjoyable episodes. from what I remember it was the first couple that were only "ok", the standalones later in the first series I remember enjoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Mindkiller wrote: »

I object to your use of the word meh here. If you honestly thought that at the time you probably wouldn't have watched season two. Since you did watch season 2, I can only presume that you have revised your opinion of season one after watching season 2.
    There are certain elements to any tv show, and I mean any tv show, that tend to appear weak under close scrutiny. Especially a first season that involves as much groundwork as Justified did. In order to get a second season, they probably felt a need to work in some 'crime of the week' stuff, which when you look back upon it can appear weak and too prone to resolution. What is evident when you tune into Season 2, is how much groundwork has been laid previously. This is one of the factors that made Season 2 of Justified so great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

groovie wrote: »
    I object to your use of the word meh here.

Meh :rolleyes:

groovie wrote: »
    I object to your use of the word meh here. If you honestly thought that at the time you probably wouldn't have watched season two. Since you did watch season 2, I can only presume that you have revised your opinion of season one after watching season 2.
    There are certain elements to any tv show, and I mean any tv show, that tend to appear weak under close scrutiny. Especially a first season that involves as much groundwork as Justified did. In order to get a second season, they probably felt a need to work in some 'crime of the week' stuff, which when you look back upon it can appear weak and too prone to resolution. What is evident when you tune into Season 2, is how much groundwork has been laid previously. This is one of the factors that made Season 2 of Justified so great.
    I stuck with season 1 because I heard really great things about season 2. I try to avoid jumping to any conclusions on a show based on 1 season. I also really liked Olyphant in Deadwood, so that was a factor as well.

If I had been watching while it was airing then yeah, I'd probably have dropped it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement