Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 3 returns Tuesday January 17th [same day/time as Southland]: http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/justified-season-3-january-17/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Justified%2Bs3%2BPoster%2B001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Mid January! That's cheered me right up. Just after getting my brother to start watching. He's hooked already and he doesn't know it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I think this is back on Tuesday night in America. Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I think this is back on Tuesday night in America. Sweet.

Yes....back tomorrow, i expect a season 4 pickup fairly quickly. It's established itself as a well respected show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Completely forgot this was back.... AWE-SOME!

Raylan Givens - coolest sonofabitch on TV!

tumblr_liy6tzPU5A1qaqgmso1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Very good first episode. Sets it up nicely. Loved Boyd fighting Raylan so he would get thrown into jail in order to get at Dicky.

Raylan is just too damn cool,had to love him casually pulling the tablecloth towards him to get the gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great to have it back. Really enjoyed the scene with the table cloth, smooth as ever.

The Mexicans joke at the start was pretty funny too. I would absolutley love if they could have a cross-over of this with Sons of Anarchy. It would be great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the table cloth trick was pretty awesome alright

one thing that kinda freaked me out.. I was sure that guy was quinn from dexter but he looks like he's had about a years worth of plastic surgery and started up a drag act

what the hell was wrong with his face

• Advertisement

he did look particularly stoned or strung out on something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

He did have a fairly stiff face, very shiny, with little emotion. Found it very odd everytime I saw him, but couldn't put my finger on it Menacing, in a Joan Rivers kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Think he was channeling this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

Nice first ep, can't wait to see what we have in store.

This season has been fantastic so far, latest episode was great and next weeks looks even better.

I was a little disappointed the pawn shop owner was killed as he looked to be an interesting character.

This season has been fantastic so far, latest episode was great and next weeks looks even better.

I was a little disappointed the pawn shop owner was killed as he looked to be an interesting character.

The new bad guy is far more interesting though,despite his fancy suit,he is just scary for some reason. Loved his comment to Raylan at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

How many Deadwood cameos has there been now? Think it's about 7 or 8 at this stage

good ep, loved seeing big mose(?) from deadwood. the suit wearing bad guy is pretty great alright, he reminds me of the mayor from the latest season of sons of anarchy.. pure slime

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Shame we're not talking about this show more!
    I don't usually post but felt compelled! I hear everyone jizzing themselves over Breaking Bad (which is very good)!
    But Justified is just sensational, in my own opinion of course. Episode after episode the writing is top notch, the acting is superb and personally I find the story very interesting.
    It is the only show ever for me (perhaps The Wire also come to think of it) that I sit watching each week and I'm actually thinking in my head 'This is incredible'.

Then again someone else might watch it and say it sucks, so it's all opinion. :)
    Just thought I'd bump the thread! :pac:

Yeah it's such a shame it doesn't get much attention, I really love it. There aren't many shows that can be so gritty at times but also have some hilarious moments.

Last weeks episode with Dewey was priceless and really well done. "I have two sets of kidneys" made me lol.

Some good action this week again, that Limehouse guy is a great character and although the Quarles character seems to be the top bad guy this season, I've a feeling Limehouse will be the true villain by the end of it.

• Advertisement

After the great second season it had I had fears for this one but it has been great so far. Heating up nicely as well!

yeah i keep meaning to bump this thread every week and say "wtf people" but then.. I don't
    :)

who was the girl that recognised rayland in the trailer, the one her pimp had beaten up.. was she the really high girl that rayland found with dewy in season 2 who thought he was look9ing for a ride?

either way, really liking the bad guy this season although I wish they made him do the maniacal laugh a little less. The straight business man angle is more frightening imo, nothing personal.. just business but having him bust a gut laughing while umm... moustache face mc-property-developer-man stood there being worried was a tad much.

the way they had winona leave was a little off too, everything was going great and then all of a sudden she just ups and leaves? it's not like the writers gave any indication she was still having problems with raylands work. I don't think the show will go dark enough that she or the child will get hurt, but I guess seperating her from rayland does leave her vulnerable and easy pickings for the carpet bagger

also, good man charlie :D was worried the policia had rumbled him at the end, but then he drove off into the mountains a free man. legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'm really enjoying the latest season, some great dialogue writers and some good new characters.

The acting is also excellent, a lot of bit parts played by deadwood characters.

Favourite Raylan moments so far this season:

1. Carrying a shoulder injury Raylan is forced by Dexter's Quinn to play quickdraw with them sitting either side of a table with a gun in-between them ,realizing his injured shoulder leaves him at a disadvantage he instead ,at the allotted time yanks the table cloth bringing the gun towards him and away from Quinn and shoots him cool as you like. (ep 1)

2. After finding out the recent attempt on his life was at the behest of Wyn Duffie he march's into his trailer punches him square in the nose takes out a bullet and throws it at him telling him the next one will be coming at him faster.(ep 2)

3. Shooting the cute nurse through a dead body while half paralyzed in a bathtub . nuff said. (ep 5)

What are your fave moments ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Raylan: Coolest motherf**ker to ever lead a TV show?

Great season so far, all the plot elements working nicely. Neal McDonough steals all his scenes as well and I'm looking forward to seeing things really ramp up between him and Boyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Best quote of the season: "Except today, today is opposite day" :P

Loved the bit in episode 2(i think) where when asked by the sheriff why he didn't pursue the fugitive into the forest after their lorry crashed he said something along the lines of :

Raylan - these boots aren't made for running *lookin down at his cowboy boots*

Sheriff - thats funny coz isn't pursuing fugitives part of the US Marshals remit ?

Raylan - Ironic ain't it

A season 1 fave that has stuck with me is when he breaks into the boxer guy's apartment(worked for Wyn Duffie) with his gun drawn , the boxer dude puts his fists up as if to box and Raylan looking at him quizzically saying " So what, your gonna bob and weave your way out of the way of a bullet , coz that I'd like to see"

good ep this week too, and we finally find out who the poor bastard strapped to the bed was

guess we won't be seeing anymore of him though
    loved seeing ellsworth from Deadwood, and we're gona be seeing more of him hopefully.. my god if ian mcshane ever gets a part in this show I honestly think I'll mess my pants

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

my god if ian mcshane ever gets a part in this show I honestly think I'll mess my pants
    Are they allowed say "co*cksucker" on FX? Because that'd be important if McShane was to star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

'More of a wind instrument man I reckon...'

Advertisement