Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

another 'on next week' spoiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Natalie Zea (Winona)
    has landed a series regular role in Kevin Williamson’s Fox pilot

Agree with all the sentiments above. This is an extremely "cool" show, terrific writing and acting, great cameos and an excellent expansive plot.

Neal McDonagh is spectacular this season - he has everything, humour, aggression and a total lack of empathy. His character is a combination of the heretofore underrated talents of Mr. McDonagh and the sublime writing team for Justified.

The pool table face off between Raylan and Quarrles was something else. I actually turned to my wife and said "have you ever heard writing like this" and she called me a hipster :( ... but agreed it was great.

Hope this show keeps this level of entertainment up - best thing on TV right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Another really good episode,loved how it seemed like the walls were closing in on Raylan but he is just too damn cool. I loved the cop saying that Raylan throwing the bullet at Wynn Duffy was the coolest thing he ever heard :D

Raylan has to get some payback now,how far will he go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

tvnutz wrote: »
    Another really good episode,loved how it seemed like the walls were closing in on Raylan but he is just too damn cool. I loved cop saying that Raylan throwing the bullet at Wynn Duffy was the coolest thing he ever heard :D

Raylan has to get some payback now,how far will he go?

yeh i was cracking up at that , awesome little meta moment where a character says exactly what we were thinking ourselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dunno
    it was cool and all, but it was a bit too cool. I know they have to wrap it up in one ep, and not every show can be the wire but.. *shrug* it's not enough to complain overmuch about

great ep though. quarles seems to be falling apart, really dont see limehouse backing him over crowder. justified got renewed for a fourth season too, so at least we can be sure whatever happens rayland wont die :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

When asked for Rayland's gun, Mullen's response:
    "Well his ballistics are all on file from previous ummm.. They're on file". Brilliantly delivered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

The dialogue in that scene near the end with Raylan and Wynn was just well Win

Raylan: The S.S. Quarles is going under. You best swim like hell to get clear or the whirl pool will take you down with it.
    Wynn: I believe they disproved that on Mythbusters.

The writers are just on another level when it comes to the dialogue in this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Elmore Leonard was in a panel today at the Tucson Festival of Books with his son Peter, but I arrived too late and it was far too crowded. He's hosting another panel tomorrow with Brad Meltzer, I'm currently undecided whether it's worth it to arrive early for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Having only recently got into this show I'm now all caught up and watching week-to-week.
    Tbh I feel it works better when watched all together so it's probably best suited to a boxed-set approach.

Still and all I can't wait for the ultimate show down between Raylan and Quarrels. While you know Raylan will come out on top (otherwise there's no show next series) the show still does a good job of making you worried that he might not even though you know he won't get killed.....etc.

i liked the scene with quarles and the rent boys friend you knew damn well he wasn't genuine but I thought he was just trying to save himself, and then at the very end you see him strip off and enter the bathroom with the young lad tied to the toilet

man's got issues.

Love this show.

Some great lines in it. Loved them trying to delay Dickie's realise by saying he could have been mixed up with another guy who committed crimes. "This guy is black".

Also loved Raylan's testimony! "hell, just realise him".

Good stuff from quarrells as well, will be a great showdown between them in the end.

2 milkshakes lol

2 milkshakes lol

My wife and I both lol'd a fair bit at that - thought it was genius.

Good episode, Quarrles character is certainly disturbing and it's a bit of a departure for the show looking at someone who is evil in an almost comic / demented fashion.

Have introduced a lot of people to Justified in work, really isn't know over here at all.

Solid ep last week that had a nice balance to it. Those episodes which have Raylan and Art sparking off each other are usually good. Nice to see Rachel and Tim get a bit of action as well.
    Just two more episodes to go this season and the episode name for the finale (
    Slaughterhouse
    ) makes it sound like it will be a real cracker.

probably just has something to do with the pig slaughtering place though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Another decent episode this week, have a few gripes with it though.

First was the the shooting of the officer, the shot shows the officer with his gun drawn and aimed at Quarles, there's no way Quarles could have got the jump on him. I highly doubt it was Boyd that shot him as well as he appeared to be out on the ground and also there was no real reason for him to shoot a cop and bring all that heat on them.

Secondly was the death of Officer Tom. It had very little impact and the cheesey angry look on Raylan didn't help. Maybe if he had featured more throughout then it would have gotten more sympathy but I just found it a little weak.

Then there's also the fact that Boyd left two crack heads in charge of Quarles, now I know he probably underestimated him, even after all the warnings Duffy gave him. Similarly leaving a wheelchair bound Johnny in charge of Dickie and Erol. I just expected him to be a bit smarter than that.

Now despite all my criticisms, I still loved the episode, the dialogue is fantastic "The man behind the curtain actually turned out to be a bit of a pussy" :D Duffy is quality too calling Quarles a baby head.

Can't wait for next week! Anyone know if it's an extended episode or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Did Tom definitely die? But yeah, the whole 'my kid's little league game' sorta hammed that up. Generally though, this season has been brilliant. I was expecting next season to be Limehouse as the main antagonist, but I'm glad how he turned out. Arlo's still in the wind, can't wait for next week.

wasn't sure where the officer was shot, the shoulder?

i thought it was okay just showed somebody getting caught upin all the messing

did blondie reassemble his sleeve gun and that's how he surprise the cop?

• Advertisement

well when the cop was pointing his gun at quarles, the sleeve gun was already extended and hanging down below his hand so i dont see how he could have got the drop on the cop

"It's a piggy bank." :D

That was a somewhat sombre and underwhelming finale. At least Quarrels got disarmed. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Wynn Duffy needs his own show, the guy is gold.

Winona is unreal too. Good finale though a little underwhelming. They left it pretty open ended for a Quarles return at some point too. Love the bit where he reached for the arm and Raylan pulled it away.

Well I'm not sure if Quarles survived in the end or not? He was shot and....ahem...disarmed.

What I don't get is that the spare gun that Quarles took from Raylan was the same gun Quarles had used to shoot Gary. So if Quarles survived he'd go down for a long time for Gary's murder.
    The thing is - how did Raylan get that gun? :confused:

it was a couple of eps ago, duffy had it planted in winonas house and she found it/took it out of there before the police could search it, then gave it to raylan

good ep, strange finale though. loved the piggy bank. also was expecting quarles to get his rape on with one of the young lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

I'm very underwhelmed by that finale... there wasnt the usual shootout situation wit you left wondering if a character was alive or dead.. its all wrapped up so tidy you have to wonder if they werent expecting to get a fourth season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 METS 1B

Underwhelming.

It's going to have to start fresh next season. That being said I hate when they leave a big open ended season finale without closure. It'd be a pity if Elstin Limehouse isn't in season 4.

voiceover even kinda is terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think this is the best show on at the moment, I loved every minute of that season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

When I heard the voice over I thought "Ohh shít, does Raylan Givens have a diary?!" but it being him and Winona talking was fine if just for that last moment about Arlo. I really liked the whole episode, especially Wynn Duffy(Jesus Christ!). The salt shaker bit too. Very strong season, it didn't have anyone quite as compelling as Mags but I'm not complaining with what I was given.

Advertisement