Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just asking for clarrification

Options
  • 09-11-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055734688

Did rté do the same thing as all the people/organisations as this page:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241 ?

Just wondering. I think the thread that he started in AH would receive a more positive response if it got an official statement on behalf of boards.ie.

Edit: He looks legit especially with the custom name. It is just that I never noticed him before and I think he will get a hard time until he is "introduced" by the powers-that-be.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

D wrote: »
    Just wondering. I think the thread that he started in AH would receive a more positive response if it got an official statement on behalf of boards.ie.
    I think the mistake was asking the question on After Hours at all.

He is legit and that is Mark Little from RTE's Prime Time. He has been active in the past on the Politics forum and has been "introduced" officially, but obviously that may have been missed by AH regulars (or non-Politics regulars).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The mistake was not letting the mods know in advance that he was going to post that thread. Know in advance = appropriate rules. Don't know in advance = Hard luck buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The abroad forum might have been a better bet after asking the mods there for permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've locked the thread, there's been a break-down in communications and procedure here that I'm currently working on.

Big thanks to Dr.B for letting me know and I'll be in contact with the AH Mods when I've sorted this out with Mark.

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

seamus wrote: »
    I think the mistake was asking the question on After Hours at all.

True. Thanks for the response though. I think that this just highlights the fact that I need to spend more time in Humanities and Politics and less time in AH.

• Advertisement
Advertisement