Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does EyeTV work in south Dublin?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Does anyone know if EyeTV for mac actually does pick up freeview DVB-T in south Dublin/Dublin 6. I don't really understand all the technicalities but the product to me seems a bit too good to be true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MacGu

Hi,

I have an EyeTV Hybrid stick (with EyeTV SW 3) and until recently I got next to the analog RTE transmitter all 4 digital transmitter and a couple of digital Radio stations (on 474 Mhz).
    For whatever reasons I can't get them anymore, only the analog transmitters are left.
    I live in the Cork area but from my experiences it should be possible to get irish DVB-T everywhere in ROI (if there is a signal).
    I don't know if you can get UK freeview with this stick but irish DVB-T definitely works (like I said, until ca. 1 week ago, since then I only get the message "No Signal" when I try to connect - analog TV is still working fine).
    Maybe they switched it off here in Cork (20 km west of), I don't know.
    But it was really great as long as it worked! Hope it will come back soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pigwiggum

Thanks for the reply, I'm still fairly undecided about buying one

Advertisement