Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a chimney sweep in East Co. Limbo

• 09-11-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title says I'm looking for someone to sweep my chimney asap as this cold snap is only going to get worse :eek:

I'm paranoid about lighting the fire as the chimney hasn't been cleaned in ages and I saw a raging chimney fire yesterday that convinced me not to start lighting the fire til it's all ship-shape.

The general area is Doon Co. Limerick.

Any tips or info will be much appreciated guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

mud wrote: »
    Hi all,

As the title says I'm looking for someone to sweep my chimney asap as this cold snap is only going to get worse :eek:

I'm paranoid about lighting the fire as the chimney hasn't been cleaned in ages and I saw a raging chimney fire yesterday that convinced me not to start lighting the fire til it's all ship-shape.

The general area is Doon Co. Limerick.

Any tips or info will be much appreciated guys :)
    Ring Gerry at 'Cleansweep', I'll give you his number by private message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

thanks, got that number and will ring him today, surprisingly hard to find one!
    Thanks again, you is a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Thanks for the number munsterdevil but am still on the search!

Unfortunately Gerry wanted me to find him more business before he'd come out to me.

As in to find 5 or 6 other houses that wanted doing.

I can't do that so the search goes on for a sweep who is happy to clean chimneys and not expect other people to find him business.
    :)
    Anyone with any other leads on sweeps would be great!

Cheers mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ger.Cleansweep

mud wrote: »
    Thanks for the number munsterdevil but am still on the search!

Unfortunately Gerry wanted me to find him more business before he'd come out to me.

As in to find 5 or 6 other houses that wanted doing.

I can't do that so the search goes on for a sweep who is happy to clean chimneys and not expect other people to find him business.
    :)
    Anyone with any other leads on sweeps would be great!

Cheers mud.

Mud

I am new to boards and just after finding this post...

In my defense...

I remember your call quite vividly..!!! I dont have too many regulars in the Doon area.

In order to make the travelling time/fuel expenses pay and ease the cost to yourself!! I asked if you could help me to help you? By way of asking friends and neighbours if they wanted to have their chimneys cleaned on the same day!!! Then I would quite happily have charged more favourable prices without the premium that I have to add on for my travelling costs and time (1hr round trip.) That amount of time easily covers 2 to 3 local calls.

Especially in my busy season I simply cannot easily afford to commit to to such efforts at the drop of a hat.. Maybe in the quiet season I may canvass the area.

My apologies for the misunderstanding and the crossed wires that have arisen..

I am totally committed to offering each and every customer the best possible service and quality they richly deserve.

Rgds

Ger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Welcome to boards Ger and best of luck in your business.

Just a gentle note to say that bringing up old posts isn't really the way to go about things and if you have a problem with another posters post please use the report post function

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ger.Cleansweep

Thanks for the advice Clareman. Point taken.

Regards

Ger

Advertisement