Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 09-11-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi

I have a guinea pig with bite marks on his back, I had thought that this was the result of fighting because he was in a cage with other guinea pigs, so I separated him for a few days and have since found out that he biting himself, I don't know why he is doing it. None of my other guinea pigs are biting themselves and they are all using the same bedding, cages so I'm not sure why he is doing it. Anyone have any ideas/solutions?

Scarlett

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

He possibly has mites - go see a vet ASAP! Piggies are very prone to mange so vet treatment is essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hunterpetz

hi

try using LYCLEAR on him to kill all mites/fleas.
    he could be a self harmer or he could be picking on the wounds that thee other pigs started. what size cage do you have them housed in ? how many pigs are in there together ?.

Advertisement