Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry

Options
  • 09-11-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I have been over the moon with Harry since his appointment last year. His ponts tally to date has been excellent, most of his signings have paid off, our away record has massively improved under him and we are playing good football most weeks.

However if he cannot see the gaping holes in the team based on the players he picked on Saturday I would be very worried about him. The team on Saturday had no balance what so ever and it was a miracle that we didn't loose the game.

He team selection v Wigan will tell us a lot about Harry and his ability to manage. Everyone at WHL on Saturday could see where the problem was, yet it took Harry 70mins to kop on. I just hope he has the balls to drop Keane to the bench for the Wigan game, he's been a passanger since Burnley. Keane's inclusion on the left has weakened the whole team. We were a much better team when Niko came on as he gave us the natural with we needed.

Defoe, Crouch and Keane are forward players and none of them can do a job in mid-field. Only 2 should start every game and the one most out of form should be on the bench. At the moment that player is Keane. I reckon a rest would do him good. I just hope Harry sees this in the same way, if he doesn't, I fear he may not be the manager I thought he was.

Also, I think having a striker playing on the left is casuing the likes of Palacios to play poorly. As soon as Niko came on, evryone else in the team could get on with their jobs, and balance had returned.

I hope Harry has learned his lesson on this. The only players that should occupy midfelid positions are midfeilders.

So Keane to the bench v Wigan. Crouch and Defoe deserve a decent chance together and Keane definately needs some time-out to rediscover his Mo-Jo.

Surely that's how healthy squad systems work. Please make the right call Harry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Podginho

i agree with what your saying. although harry appointed keane as his club captain and he does seem to lead the team. with ledley king missing half the time can he afford not to leave out another influential player. playing the 3 forwards was def a bad idea. not that keane has been on fire this season just with modric out where will the supply for crouch and defoe come then. lennon can't cross and keane on the bench wouldn't be my choice but then again i'm mo expert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Def agree with you re.forwards should be forwards, and midfielders should be midfielders!! When do managers ever learn not to try to fit square pegs into round holes!?

It shouldn't really matter who plays up front and midfield as long as everyone knows their jobs and we have balance to the team. We have a squad of players good enough to beat the vast majority of teams.

I'm not sure what all the negativity is about Keane though? Granted I only saw the highlights but he seemed his normal self? For example the goal - when everyone else were standing like statues (including Defoe), Keane made a great run into space which led to him scoring. And he looked to be getting involved as normal.

With everyone criticising, since he's come back to Spurs he's scored 11 in 26 games, has become our team captain & leader on the pitch & the dressing-room. He also links up perfectly with the likes of Modric & Lennon. Not bad for someone who's so terrible!

Keane or Crouch or whoever, its more important that Harry plays a balanced team with NO strikers in midfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I have been over the moon with Harry since his appointment last year. His ponts tally to date has been excellent, most of his signings have paid off, our away record has massively improved under him and we are playing good football most weeks.

However if he cannot see the gaping holes in the team based on the players he picked on Saturday I would be very worried about him. The team on Saturday had no balance what so ever and it was a miracle that we didn't loose the game.

He team selection v Wigan will tell us a lot about Harry and his ability to manage. Everyone at WHL on Saturday could see where the problem was, yet it took Harry 70mins to kop on. I just hope he has the balls to drop Keane to the bench for the Wigan game, he's been a passanger since Burnley. Keane's inclusion on the left has weakened the whole team. We were a much better team when Niko came on as he gave us the natural with we needed.

Defoe, Crouch and Keane are forward players and none of them can do a job in mid-field. Only 2 should start every game and the one most out of form should be on the bench. At the moment that player is Keane. I reckon a rest would do him good. I just hope Harry sees this in the same way, if he doesn't, I fear he may not be the manager I thought he was.

Also, I think having a striker playing on the left is casuing the likes of Palacios to play poorly. As soon as Niko came on, evryone else in the team could get on with their jobs, and balance had returned.

I hope Harry has learned his lesson on this. The only players that should occupy midfelid positions are midfeilders.

So Keane to the bench v Wigan. Crouch and Defoe deserve a decent chance together and Keane definately needs some time-out to rediscover his Mo-Jo.

Surely that's how healthy squad systems work. Please make the right call Harry.

Agreed Sir.
    Iv mentioned in other threads that Im very worried about Harry's tactical know how. He's great to motivate players, but when things dont go well for the 1st hour, I dont think he knows what to do to turn things ( Saturday apart because that was a given).

Saturday was stupidity. Trying to accomodate his 3 favourites instead of playing Krancjar and giving us some balance was a sin.

No doubt Robbie will come back from Paris with a knock and Harrys work will be done for him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have been Robbie's biggest defence on this fourm but It's hard to argue with ya. Maybe when Modric comes back we can take the same shape that we had at the start of the season. I'm now thinking that Robbie will be gone in the summer. Its a real pity cause I always liked him ya know?

Having said that, I don't think that crouch is the answer either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Whats Keane being doing wrong? His stats look good for the season - goals, pass completions, assists etc. + he is the captain & leader many look up to in the dressing room?

Even on Saturday he made a great run into space typical Keane to score the goal?

Just wondering as i've not been to any live games this season so others probably know a lot more than me about his current form..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

keane will start with defoe, thats our best striker partnership. it has been proven at the start of the season.

all this messing around started when modric got injured and keane has been asked to play on the left from time to time since then. modric is now back so it will be back to keane and defoe up front. crouch for some away games etc

Advertisement