Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare drivers most likely to tell lies for cheaper car insurance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

A survey compiled by Setanta Car Insurance has claimed that Co.Clare drivers are the most dishonest in the Country.

Here's a link to the story http://www.independent.ie/national-news/clare-drivers-most-likely-to-tell-lies-for-cheaper-car-insurance-1937135.html

If it's in the Indo, it's sure to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Rujib1 wrote: »
    If it's in the Indo, it's sure to be true.

I heard it first on Matt Cooper on Today Fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This type of survey is pure nonsense tbh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

greendom wrote: »
    This type of survey? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Podginho

Typical Clare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Podginho wrote: »
    Typical Clare
    Wow - what an addition to this thread.

Small fibs are ok, I wouldn't like to lie though as I would get caught out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This type of survey? :confused:

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Yes

Agreed. All these stupid surveys are a joke.
    Whenever some annoying prat from a marketing company rings up doing a survey about some thing or other, I make an absolute point of telling them as much ****e as I possibly can. Thing is the bored box tickers just take it all on board. :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Absolutle joke.

Appartently limerick had some of the most honest drivers. Listened to this on clare fm and if i remember correctly the amount of people surveyed was quite small. I dunno why time and money is wasted on this sort of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

eddiehobbs wrote: »
    Absolutle joke.

I dunno why time and money is wasted on this sort of thing

Well I'd never heard of Setanta Insurance until this news story broke. A marketing master-stroke me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

A staggering 70pc of drivers in the Banner County have admitted to lying, while the same number believe it is acceptable to give false information when making a claim, the online survey found.
    But Dubliners were crowned as Ireland's most honest drivers with fewer then 7pc pleading guilty to lying on their annual policy.

you're reading it wrong. clare people were the most honest when asked about lying to get cheaper insurance, the dubliners on the other hand lied about it. there's several ways to interprete every answer in every survey, it doesn't mean we have to believe it 100%

Advertisement