Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another closed thread

Options
  • 09-11-2009 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I started this thread a few moments ago to get a bit of discussion going about reality TV but also football and how the match this saturday could be important to our economy. There was a few things going on in the post, but I thought that it could spark a good debate anyway. But it was instantly closed. Not moved to another forum like TV (I would have put it there but there was soccer at the end so wasn't sure if it was appropriate. There are threads in that forum mocking 9-11 and other threads pop up every day about useles things but this gets instantly locked? Come on guys, I don't like to go to helpdesk about these things but I think this is a bit silly.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Did you PM the mod to discuss it with them?

That's the first post of call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I did that regarding a closed thread on Saturday, I did do it again tonight but his/her comments at the end of the thread seemed to make his/her thoughts clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

X Factor threads don't belong in After Hours, they belong in Television or Reality TV. Soccer threads belong in the Soccer forum. Seeing as I guessed that the TV forum mods wouldn't appreciate a Soccer thread in their forum and we don't move threads to the Soccer forum in case the OP mightn't have access, I closed it.

That seems pretty clear cut to me.

Ok, so if a thread doesn't belong in any particular place, it just gets totally closed? Seriously guys, that's not clear cut at all.

• Advertisement

It does to me: why try and shove square pegs into round holes?

Everyday on after hours there's a thread posted that could or should belong somewhere else. The policy on boards has always been to defend the mod's decision. In this case a mod was sick of reading about the x-factor so he just closed the thread.

The closing of the thread was just poor modding, the very fact that you didn't think it was right for x factor forum or soccer forum proves that after hours was in fact, the perfect place for it. A square peg, in a square hole.

There we shall have to disagree, I'm afraid. On many points :)

Any chance of a 3rd opinion so? I just personally don't get how a multi faceted thread gets locked because it's not pigeon holed into one particular forum. I understand that boards has always had a history of backing up it's mods but this one in particular just locked this thread cause he was sick of reading about the x-factor on facebook and in afterhours. Is this a precadent now?

Not really - Admin desicions are final. And we have many, many times disagreed with our mods, and changed/challenged their desicions. This just isn't one of them.

Your missing the point - it's not something they could move, as it fit into neither of the other forums neatly. The AH mods also felt it wasn't relevant to their forum, so it was locked - which is at their descretion, and fully within the scope we give them when made mods of that forum.

As such, there isn't anything more to add. They haven't done anything wrong, and I've no intention of overruling them. Case closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement