Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"All The Way Round": ICS Charity Logo Design (Please Read)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

HandWS - I see what you're trying to do with your attempts, but to be completly honest I think they're trying to do way too much and just don't work as a logo.

Donkey - I think that your version is pretty good. I agree with the comment about the blue & the wheel. The only other thing I would suggest is doing something with the front 'swoosh' It's an unusual direction and doesn't quick send a clear signal. Maybe you could try a different placement. Overall though, as is, I still think it's a strong logo, simple, easy to print, and has the colours from the ICS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

p wrote: »
    HandWS - I see what you're trying to do with your attempts, but to be completly honest I think they're trying to do way too much and just don't work as a logo.

Donkey - I think that your version is pretty good. I agree with the comment about the blue & the wheel. The only other thing I would suggest is doing something with the front 'swoosh' It's an unusual direction and doesn't quick send a clear signal. Maybe you could try a different placement. Overall though, as is, I still think it's a strong logo, simple, easy to print, and has the colours from the ICS.

Not an attempt....being honest as i'm in no rush, close family members of mine have died thru cancer....this is why i said it. Sorry, i'll cut it out.

Donkey's logo is pretty good. Prefered his car to mine. But i can't make it the same can i. If he would like to put mine and his together then i'm for it. I'm unsure about the swoosh tho. Think it should be scraped. They are looking for a bit of irishness in it ain't they. To me my logo is too big for a "logo", yes. But an event....no. So maybe a small change will be made to the logo one to make it rectangular and same size as the main logo (probably be funny looking)...or it'll be 2 of the same but a little difference to the website logo (that is if they are using them for both the same thing), and the event one.

May i ask if i can get the actually printing logo for ICS in 600 dpi. I can't stretch it coz it'll look funny.

Better....thoughts? i know the font colours are different. want them changed?

irishcs-small.jpg

irishcs-small-newest.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ok. My feedback on this would be that the front wheel should be mirrored or rotated in some way, as the way it is now it denotes travelling backwards.

I'd also like to see it changed to blue as in keeping with the ICS colour scheme. I think the orange is a bit too bold, could it be made a tad lighter. It just feels too blocky* at the moment.

Could the text be marginally bigger, and I mean marginally, probably about 5%.

After that I think its pretty much a done logo. Its amazing to see how its come on so much since the original sketch design. Which isn't to say we won't be considering more.

*That might make no sense to you, it barely does to me, but I hope you get the point.
    Getting warmer?

Toning down the the thick, blocky(?) dominance of the swoosh... better? Or does it look like he's driving into the sea? :D

• Advertisement

Getting warmer?

Toning down the the thick, blocky(?) dominance of the swoosh... better? Or does it look like he's driving into the sea? :D

Second one looks much better.......don't mention the last question. It will stick in our mind.

I'm liking it....but i think....you should turn the tyre back so its driving left of the image and the window on the other side. That way, the back tyres are causing the swoosh. Thats my opinion.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    We're not asking for banners or anything - You have to understand that these images intend to be stuck on the side of vehicles - Your logo/image is jam packed full of stuff and to fit such a thing into a logo-sticker may result in the whole package having to be shrunk down to an ideal size - Moreover, there is just too much to look at and, in my own personal opinion, there's too much there to disctract the looker away from what the logo is meant to be emphasising.

You are right....this is why i need to know the realistic size of the sticker DonkeyStyles, can easily be put into it. My design has been going by the recommendation of the OP's first post. By using a few things they require.
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    EDIT:
    However, seeing as there is appeal for both, a collaberation between you all could very well be a nice idea, or a simple blend of everyone's idea into one single image.

Happy to help with this.

HandWS LTD wrote: »
    irishcs-small-newest.jpg
    Is it just me....the man seems to be bothering me. Maybe lines like the car for the man will do the trick. Maybe the map....1/3 of its size so the heading can be moved down further.

May i ask what the organisers vision for "All the way round" is? So i can make a new design to try and meet it. I have another idea ....... with a car dragging a banner with that heading.

or........but car will have to be different

sticker-ics.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

sticker-ics.jpg
    I'm 50-50 at the moment between Donkeystyle's and certain aspects of HandWS's. Liking them both and loving how they are both progressing.

• Advertisement

sticker-main-small.jpg Oops just saw the "Around" should be "Round"

sticker-main-small1.jpgsticker-main-small2.jpgsticker-main-small3.jpg

Anyhing you don't like?

sticker-main-small1.jpgsticker-main-small2.jpgsticker-main-small3.jpg

Anyhing you don't like?
    It looks fine for head paper but its a bit Wide for a logo don't ya think.

Saying that though it would fit on the side of a car or across a rear window very nicely.

P.S I'm not overly fond of the car used. Prefer something more abstract like before.

Quazzie wrote: »
    It looks fine for head paper but its a bit Wide for a logo don't ya think.

Saying that though it would fit on the side of a car or across a rear window very nicely.

P.S I'm not overly fond of the car used. Prefer something more abstract like before.

The ics logo would be placed on the bottom right of the image. It looks good for sticker. I thought the point is for it to be on a sticker. So, you are saying the sticker will be small.

I know....car will be changed. I'm not kean on it at all.

Can i ask where this logo will be? as the main logo of the website?? or has it anything to do with the website. Your original logo on the website should not be changed, in my opinion. This is where i'm confused.

The ics logo would be placed on the bottom right of the image. It looks good for sticker. I thought the point is for it to be on a sticker. So, you are saying the sticker will be small.

I know....car will be changed. I'm not kean on it at all.

Can i ask where this logo will be? as the main logo of the website?? or has it anything to do with the website. Your original logo on the website should not be changed, in my opinion. This is where i'm confused.
    My understanding of this was that its a logo for a Charity Drive around Ireland. Therefore it'll be used in lots of different locations. On stickers on the participating cars, on headed paper, on the webite, basically anywhere that a logo is used. It should be simple so that it can be small (head paper) but also look ok if it is bigger (billboard). It'll be a logo that will accompany other text at times but still should be clear enough to just state the basics if viewed on its own. Its not a banner for a site because a banner for a site will also contain additional text, as would any sticker thats put across the top of a rear window. What we're looking for is something simple (like the pink ribbon for example) that is easily recognisable, easy to spot, unique, and also conveys what we are doing.

I know thats probably asking for a lot, but the words "all the way round" should be secondary to the logo rather than a central part of it.

Does this make sense, I'm starting to worry it doesn't.

Its much clearer thanks.

OK lads to encourage progression and also to encourage anybody that might be lurking in the shadows with ideas, and also because of time restrictions in the project we have had to set a deadline on the logo selection. The Logo will be selected on 9pm on Tuesday 8th December.

With everything straightened out now I look forward to any further suggestions that might be submitted. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What about the car shape that DonkeyStyle was using, merged with a large arrow that's going around Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Gona throw my hat in the ring here, think I've subconsciously nicked idea's from every suggestion so far though:pac:

allthewayround.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Here's a vector map of Ireland.... might be useful...

• Advertisement

eddiehead wrote: »
    Gona throw my hat in the ring here, think I've subconsciously nicked idea's from every suggestion so far though:pac:

allthewayround.jpg

Not a bad idea....couldn't figure out how to get a road in it. An idea of what i was doing next....was putting the name around the arrow with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just a reminder that this ends at 9pm tomorrow night and the logo will be picked then

Here are a few more minor tweaks and variations... mostly tweaking the wheel rotation and trying to bring it more in line with the swoosh.

And taking things in a slightly different direction... though it's probably a bit late at this stage.

Way better......i think we have a winner. Feel free to use any of my images e.g the map if they want it added to the background.

And taking things in a slightly different direction... though it's probably a bit late at this stage.

Just a few very minor things.

Could you just give us an option of swapping the text around on these two.

Secondly. The wheel on the second one. It looks perfect. The bottom breaks, but runs in the swoosh really well but the top of the wheel seems to break but doesn't run into the swoosh as smoothly. If possible could you give an optiong of it appearing as ifthe wheel and the swoosh together form an overall swoosh, except for the break and the change of colour. I'm not sure I'm describing this quiet well but feel free to ask any questions if you have them and I'll try to clarify.
    I really do think we are extremely close at this stage. Really nice with there Donkeystyle.

Cool, thanks for the kind words guys, I like that one too, but I wasn't sure if it'd get much interest... here's the wheel-flow-fix and a few more variations in the text colour.

ics-road3.jpg
    here's a rubbish one thats also different to any of the others. So new idea. I may not be around tomo. If i am i'll prob post another one

Here's using the road around the map. The actual images are 600dpi 5851x5883 and shurnk down to the images shown below.

cancer1.jpgcancer2.jpgcancer6.jpgcancer3.jpgcancer4.jpgcancer5.jpg

Sorry about the delay in naming the winner of this. This was due to some extra consideration time and due to the fact my internet was limited last night to mobile boards.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their contribution to date. From posting suggestions to posting advice there really has been a great input from everybody. I hope that your interest will stick with us as the event unfolds.

The logo we chose was based on the fact that it was clean, clear and suggestive as to what we are planning to do. It is one that has been worked on throughout the thread and we feel has progressed to a stage where we are happy to adopt it as our logo for the event.

The winner is DonkeyStyle \o/ and the chosen logo is the top right in the picture below.

If Donkeystyle \o/ can PM me or Draffodx (or both) with his Paypal details we can arrange payment of the prize. We can also arrange then, via PM, contact details for retrieving the logo via E-mail in as many formats and sizes as possible as it'll be used in a variety of different places.

Congratulations again to Donkeystyle \o/.

• Advertisement

congrats donkey.......correct decision as his image was the best.

Advertisement