Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Vs Lenovo

• 09-11-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I really need help with this one, I want to buy a new laptop but I have no idea what to go with.

I want a high spec lappy for business purpose's and my budget is around €1700.

I had my eye on the M4400 Dell Inspiron but I read some reviews and they were't that favourable.

Then I looked into a Lenovo W-Series but my question is where the hell do you get them, their customer service sucks and I was given a number of a reseller who had no idea what was going on.

Any suggestions as to what I should do

Cheers

Graham

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

a laptop for business for €1700????

I don't know what business you're in but if you need it just for documents and the internet, you can knock €1200 off the bill.

A decent laptop shouldn't cost more than €600 really. What exactly do you need it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Completely agree, unless you plan on running CAD on the laptop your just throwing away 1000€.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What exactly is it you plan to use the laptop for (specific applications if you could), that way we can better advise you on what to purchase. Like said above you could be throwing away money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Between the two companies you listed, please stick with Dell. Since Lenovo took over IBM, their products have gone downhill as has their Customer Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Soundman wrote: »
    Between the two companies you listed, please stick with Dell. Since Lenovo took over IBM, their products have gone downhill as has their Customer Service.
    When was the last time you called Dell? :D

• Advertisement

About a month ago when I was ordering a new laptop for the missus. Why do you ask, monkeypants?

About a month ago when I was ordering a new laptop for the missus. Why do you ask, monkeypants?
    I forget. :confused:

Probably something to do with Dell's support being just as bad if not worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ordering from Dell is in no way like or related to having a problem and speaking to (or trying to) a Dell CSR :)

Venom wrote: »
    Ordering from Dell is in no way like or related to having a problem and speaking to (or trying to) a Dell CSR :)
    Agreed. ;)

Who said I was just ordering? I was actually readjusting the configuration of the laptop post order as I had ****ed up on the specs in the original order. Was able to change the laptop to the way I wanted it with absolutely no hassle.

Edit: I have never had any trouble getting to speak to a CSR, nor have I ever had any trouble in dealing with them to sort out any issues I have had. In fact all issues I had were sorted within the one phone call. Each issue they rang me back a few days later to see if there were any follow up issues and to see if I was happy. The only problem I have ever had was occasionally not understanding an Indian accent here or there which is my fault as I do have trouble with certain accents at times anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement