Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HID kit doesn't suit my car..

Options
  • 09-11-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

Hey, Bought a HID kit there the other day at toys4bigboys, now I can't get in contact with the salesman but just want to look at my options here should I be able to get in contact with him.

Basically I asked him what were the correct lights for my car and gave him the model and year..he gave me the lights and I bought them.
    Upon further inspection of my car he gave me the wrong bulbs for my particular car.
    They would suit A version of my car but not mine specifically.

Surely this would come under the Consumer Information Act?
    What are my rights here..
    Refund? Replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

SV wrote: »
    Hey, Bought a HID kit there the other day at toys4bigboys, now I can't get in contact with the salesman but just want to look at my options here should I be able to get in contact with him.

Basically I asked him what were the correct lights for my car and gave him the model and year..he gave me the lights and I bought them.
    Upon further inspection of my car he gave me the wrong bulbs for my particular car.
    They would suit A version of my car but not mine specifically.

Surely this would come under the Consumer Information Act?
    What are my rights here..
    Refund? Replacement?

If you can prove he told you they were for your car, you're sorted.

If he denies this, you have no effective rights, but he might be a decent bloke and remember he told you wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Interesting - normally if you gave him information and he supplied with the wrong goods, then you are entitled to refund/replace/repair as the goods were not suitable for the purpose intended.

However, you say that the bulbs would suit a version of your car, so it does seem that he supplied the right bulbs to you, given the information you supplied.

However though, if he's a decent sort, he'll probably sort you out with the correct bulbs if you get in touch with him.

The organisers of Toys 4 Big Boys, TechCentral, have an account/forum here on boards, so they'd probably be able to put you in touch with the dealer.

Advertisement