Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Launch Night Sat 28th DCC, Dublin

• 09-11-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Thanks to Cabansail the launch party will be held in Dublin Camera Club on saturday 28th November, so who's coming? :)

some volunteers will be required for setting up before hand and cleaning up afterwards, please put your name down if you can help out

Will you be attending the Launch Night? 40 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 40 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'll give any hand needed. Driving, lifting, shifting or cleaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Kool :D
    You'll find me there. Wouldn't / Couldn't miss this.

And sure I can pop in early and help with the booze setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Quick question to add to this

There is a dublin / cork photography walk being proposed. Boards have some involvement through our community manager Darragh. There is a poll running on the thread below as to when it should happen.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055733718

The question is whether people feel the launch and the photowalk both should happen on the one day or would it take from the focus / feel good of the day?

(And as one who has the publication in his greedy little hands let me tell you lovely people that when you see this publication you will be soooooo pleased. It is stunningly beautiful imho.)

It's just that i'd hate for us to rush the launch as an "in and out" 10 minute launch session. And in fairness if boards are putting some effort into organising the photowalk, I'd hope we wouldn't all be in the nice warm surrounds of the Dublin Camera Club while Darragh looks at his watch, taps the toes impatiently, and proclaims "damn you photography forums users.... there will be hell to pay!!!" - I may be a little over dramatic in the latter :D

So, what do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

What time are both events supposed to take place?

I'm fully aiming to be there. If I'm not horrifically hung over from graduation the night before. I'll give whatever help I can.

Can't wait to see the book! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

will be there with bells on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

DCC closes at 5pm so it'll be sometime after that, probably 6/7pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That'll be hard, I'll be on my way from Glasgow :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

ThOnda wrote: »
    That'll be hard, I'll be on my way from Glasgow :(

What time would you be home?

We could keep a Lemonade for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Living in London makes it a tad difficult for me! I can toast some whiskey to the launch that night if you want? :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Yep. I intend to be there.

• Advertisement

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    Living in London makes it a tad difficult for me! I can toast some whiskey to the launch that night if you want? :D

You, Pete, and Al have the London launch at a destination unknown (sounds posh anyhow)????? yeah???? It would be nice to say we launched it officially in more than one country.

(we all want to see the after event pictures too :D)

feic. that's all i'm saying.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'll be there and give me a shout if anything needs doing. I'm well used to doing the cooking/cleaning/washing in our house.................. wait a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    feic. that's all i'm saying.

:(

Ah! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    You, Pete, and Al have the London launch at a destination unknown (sounds posh anyhow)????? yeah???? It would be nice to say we launched it officially in more than one country.

(we all want to see the after event pictures too :D)

Well, if one is organised I'll do my best to be there. I warn you, I know nothing of this lark. Me and event organising don't really mix well :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Afraid the 28th is probably the one day I can't make it!
    Any chance ye can leave one of the unclaimed books in DCC so I can collect it on the following Saturday or a Tuesday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

me myself and the wifeen should be there.
    (thats 2 of us)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I'll be there and can / am willing to help.
    BTW. wouldn't it be helpful to have the poll public i.e. with names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

unfortunately I can't be there, however I do hope everyone has a great evening and wish the launch every success it deserves, well done to everyone who contributed.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Looking forward to it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'll be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Booo will have to miss it; have to be down the country that weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I'll hopefully be joining in too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I plan on being there with the missus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I should make it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Hopefully I shall be able to be in attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Damn, I'll be flying back from London that night so won't be able to make it.
    Hope you all have a great night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Ok so do I have to order a book or will there be some for sale there on the evening/night ?

If ya need a hand give me a PM.

you'll need to order from blurb.

cheers for the offer of help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    you'll need to order from blurb.

I thought DeV will have extra copies during the launch for sale?

mart_max wrote: »

he requested that boardsies buy them online, as far as i know he wants to try and sell them to members of the public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Will try and make it in but it's not looking likely.

Just got my copies in the mail today, some great shots (and mine :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

anyone from Galway around?

If I could get one or two to go, I'd happily drive

mart_max wrote: »

Anyone willing to buy one for me, lacking CC :o:o will pay on the launch day/night plus fees+PP, plus pint :):)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Chorcai wrote: »
    Anyone willing to buy one for me, lacking CC :o:o will pay on the launch day/night plus fees+PP, plus pint :):)

Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We have some help offered by;

humberklog
    Buzz Lightyear
    Kintarō Hattori
    xia
    Chorcai

Any more to assist?

We will need a few to help set things up, hang photos, get the wine sorted etc. So we will need to start soon after the Gallery closes, say about 5.30pm

At the end we need to put the exhibition back up, return the room to the way it was when we arrived, clean up any mess, get rid of rubbish & wash the glasses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I will be along too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

CabanSail wrote: »
    We have some help offered by;

humberklog
    Buzz Lightyear
    Kintarō Hattori
    xia
    Chorcai

Any more to assist?

We will need a few to help set things up, hang photos, get the wine sorted etc. So we will need to start soon after the Gallery closes, say about 5.30pm

At the end we need to put the exhibition back up, return the room to the way it was when we arrived, clean up any mess, get rid of rubbish & wash the glasses.

I'll be happy to help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

What photos will be hanging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

THE CONDEMNED ONES.

• Advertisement

Ill be heading down to Dublin early in the day around 12/1pm is there anyone meeting up or whats on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

i am not fully sure yet! if im not though who do i contact to arrange pickup of my copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i've said yes in the poll but that depends on whether i can pursuade the OH or one of my mates to accompany me on a drive from mayo all the way up to dub and down again later that nite....which, while highy unlikely, i do have a week to work on 'em... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

if im not though who do i contact to arrange pickup of my copy?

I'm in the same situation. I'll be out of the country that weekend, but would like (somehow) to arrange to get my copies of the book.

artyeva wrote: »
    i've said yes in the poll but that depends on whether i can pursuade the OH or one of my mates to accompany me on a drive from mayo all the way up to dub and down again later that nite....which, while highy unlikely, i do have a week to work on 'em... :p

Why not find a place to stay & make a weekend of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

CabanSail wrote: »
    Why not find a place to stay & make a weekend of it?

Trying to get a house finished so we can move into it before we're too old to climb the stairs [which incidentally haven't arrived yet, even though the stairs man said they'd be here on tuesday. does this look like freakin' tuesday????]

and then there's €€€€ ...or rather the lack of it, stairs are damn expensive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I've just realised that this launch is on the same day as the IPF distinctions sitting in Thurles, which makes it unlikely I'll make the launch.

Unless maybe I'm celebrating......

If I don't make it, my daughter is in Trinity and would collect the book in the City Centre if somebody could hang on to it for me.

nilhg wrote: »
    I've just realised that this launch is on the same day as the IPF distinctions sitting in Thurles, which makes it unlikely I'll make the launch.

Unless maybe I'm celebrating......

If I don't make it, my daughter is in Trinity and would collect the book in the City Centre if somebody could hang on to it for me.

I hope to get to both. Just have to leave Thurles in time to get back to DCC at 5.30ish.

Am yet to get to see a Distinction Judging, missed my own one as I was im Malta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

distinction judging? whatee whatnow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

nilhg wrote: »

I can help you out if that's of any use. Living and working in the city centre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement