Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Launch Night Sat 28th DCC, Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I can help you out if that's of any use. Living and working in the city centre.

Cheers, I'll PM you if I'm not going to make it if that's OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Didn't spot this anywhere... but what time is this kicking off at?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Kicking off at about 7pm to 7.30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Paulw wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation. I'll be out of the country that weekend, but would like (somehow) to arrange to get my copies of the book.

Likewise. I'll be at the rugby but Saturday evening is busy for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fanuel

Hi there,

I know I'm about to ask two really stupid questions....but I have to!.

What Launch is it?
    what does BPB mean?

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

BPB = Boards.ie Photography Book

This is the official launch of the 2009 Boards.ie Photography Yearbook. It is a collection of photographs from some of the community here. All proceeds from sales go to the Santa Strike Force charity.

You are welcome to come along.

I have called Devitts Pub & they will reserve a section upstairs for us at 9pm on Saturday night. It is just across the road from DCC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

right - i've lured my OH into coming with the promise of visits to DIY shops on the way and a quick nip into ikea ;)we'll need to be leaving round 8 or so though, but hopefully i'll get to meet a few faces [am painfully shy ao be nice :o:p]

anyone any advice on secure parking nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

For all newbeeeeees , Could someone give me directions to DCC.

Im not 100% sure if I will make it, due to my car ending up going for a swim last weekend! Have to see if my other half will come for the spin.

Also is everyone dressing up this year, like last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'm coming along to say hello.

DCC is at 10 Lower Camden Street D2

It's directly opposite the Camden Deluxe Hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Just a little map where Lower Camden Street is. But the club is south of Camden Pl(ace?). So don't mind the arrow too much.
    And parking is safe enough around there and free on a saturday after 7 (I think).

Edit. Or am I confused now? I actually never looked at at street signs so not quite sure anymore if it's near the arrow or more south...Ah well. Coming from direction Cuffe Street the club is on the left. So if you see Devitts or Whelan's on the right you're basically there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Most of the parking around there is pay until midnight so beware :eek:

Covey wrote: »
    Most of the parking around there is pay until midnight so beware :eek:

Are you sure??? On a Tuesday it's definitely free after 7pm so I would be very surprised if you have to pay on a Saturday after 7pm. But it wouldn't harm to check the meter anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Camden street and the closest streets are free after 7PM, but check the signs, those clamping b@st@rds are there all the time, just driving around and making money. Very dangerous spot for leaving car unattended because of the clampers.

I am sorry I cannot advise on Parking as I normally catch the lovely Dublin Bus into the club. When I do drive in I have private parking sorted nearby :D

The 16, 16a, 19, 19a, 65, 83 and 122 go right past the door if you want to leave the car at home, which would also allow some more scope for liquid refreshments.

Thanks 4 the directions. hopefully i should c ye all on the nite. cant wait to c the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

car wrote: »
    Also is everyone dressing up this year, like last year!
    - :eek:You what now?

Are people dressing up? Define "dressing up"!

I pm'd you CabanSail - slight change, should be available from 5pm as I forgot the Rugby was on on Sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I plan to be there, it will be good to finally meet some photography boardsies.

• Advertisement

- :eek:You what now?

Are people dressing up? Define "dressing up"!

I pm'd you CabanSail - slight change, should be available from 5pm as I forgot the Rugby was on on Sat.

When I ment dressing up, I didnt mean ur Sunday best :D

I was full sure I saw photos of last years launch and people were in Santa Outfits! This is what I was wondering, were ye dressing up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I'm going to try make it to this for a bit. :)

What time will you be finishing up bcoz I might be a bit late. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Hmmm..despite my best intentions, I won't be able to make it in for the opening at 7pm :(

I'll be available until about 6-6.30pm though, if you need some help putting stuff together? Also hoping I could pick up my book while I'm at it? (always an ulterior motive! ;) )

Drop in ... we should be there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Jemmy wrote: »
    I'm going to try make it to this for a bit. :)

What time will you be finishing up bcoz I might be a bit late. :(

Well if it's the DCC is all closed up I believe upstairs in Devitt's (acroos the road) is where it's retiring to.

Soooo what's needed hand wise? I'm available from anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

37 names to remember and then join them up with Boards handles. I'm brutal at the best of times but this is going to be a nightmare!! Apologies in advance.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Valentia wrote: »
    37 names to remember and then join them up with Boards handles. I'm brutal at the best of times but this is going to be a nightmare!! Apologies in advance.......:rolleyes:

+1 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

CabanSail wrote: »
    We have some help offered by;

humberklog
    Buzz Lightyear
    Kintarō Hattori
    xia
    Chorcai

Any more to assist?

We will need a few to help set things up, hang photos, get the wine sorted etc. So we will need to start soon after the Gallery closes, say about 5.30pm

At the end we need to put the exhibition back up, return the room to the way it was when we arrived, clean up any mess, get rid of rubbish & wash the glasses.

So do you actually want us there at say 5:30pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

If melekalikimaka makes it tomorrow, I'll be impressed. I guarantee SERIOUS hangovers. Feel free to bring capture medium of choice to immortalise the moment.

Heading off now to Thurles, hope to be back at DCC at about 5.30ish.

See you there.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if we're going to have any refreshments tonight, so if anyone wants to bring a bottle of wine or something then that'd be great :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    I'm not sure if we're going to have any refreshments tonight, so if anyone wants to bring a bottle of wine or something then that'd be great :)

Was going to stop by Lidl and get a couple of flagans of cider :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Was going to stop by Lidl and get a couple of flagans of cider :eek:

I like you style! but unfortunately I'll be driving

Thought CabanSail organised wine...But not too sure about this. As I'm driving as well I won't need much anyway;)
    Plan to be around the club at 5.30ish. See yous later.

xia wrote: »
    Thought CabanSail organised wine...But not too sure about this. As I'm driving as well I won't need much anyway;)
    Plan to be around the club at 5.30ish. See yous later.

Looked like we had something sorted but as it stands I don't think we've got anything, I'll bring a couple of bottles myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'll grab a few too if I get time. Sent you that press release there M_S :)

got it Sinead, thanks!

If people have photos from the night can they stick them in this thread, only if you're happy for me to send them to the papers, also include your name in the post (or pm me) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I'll being in a couple of bottles myself. I'll pick up some soft drinks as well for the drivers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

OK my wifey's idea, I'm not clever enough for that kinda thing :o

If we all bring in our books for fellow boardsies to sign. We'd need to organise this online to expand the idea.

How about all the santa's in a row with a queue of non-santa folk looking for autographs.

just my 2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Don't think there was a Facebook event set up so I did one just now.

If you are on FB maybe spread it around.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188363968843&ref=mf

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Book signing, photo signing is a good idea I think!

I'll probably head in to this, nice to meet people from here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

bah feeling quite ill today :( don't know if I'll make it in. This sucks. Is there anyway I could pick up my book from the group buy from the DCC at a later date? I don't want to cause anyone any hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

m_s_nixon wrote: »

Hmnn I don't have any wine but I do have multiple bottles of Polish vodka, any interest?

4029185479_9ab702e5f0.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Very, very, interested.

• Advertisement

alb wrote: »
    bah feeling quite ill today :( don't know if I'll make it in. This sucks. Is there anyway I could pick up my book from the group buy from the DCC at a later date? I don't want to cause anyone any hassle

pm me tomorrow if you don't make it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sorry I won't be making it. Heading to London for a 3 month contract tomorrow and couldn't get a babysitter so don't want to be abandoning the girlfriend on my last night at home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Hmnn I don't have any wine but I do have multiple bottles of Polish vodka, any interest?

I'm your new best friend :D

take it easy if you're walking/driving to this, visibility is terrible and there's ground frost due later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

good luck tonight everyone. unfortunately i'm in cavan on family business so I can't be there. enjoy the evening. take care if traveling. i'm not looking foreward to my return trip home later with the fog. although it was very prettiful this afternoon. hopefully I will have some shots to post later.

good luck again and well done everyone for a tremendous publication.

• Advertisement
Advertisement