If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for 26" TV please?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a 26" LCD (with delivery in Dublin if possible, but I can arrange collection if not). I was looking at the 26pfl3404h if it's available, but if not, is there anything you could recommend? Main use is for games consoles/DVDs, but I'd like it to receive the Irish DTT when it arrives - that says Mpeg-4, so I think it would be OK?

If it could play AVIs direct from USB, that would be great. And it would be nice if I could magically record TV programmes directly to a USB drive. And if it could make coffee...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi there Thioe

The 26PFL3404H isn't available in Ireland I'm afraid, we have the standard 26PFL304 which we sell for €379.99 (use your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discont and its €341.99)

The 26" TV also do not have USB inputs or VGA inputs for that matter.

How about the Philips 32PFL5404H - has MPEG4 tuner, USB, VGA 3x HDMI and 2x SCART inputs this TV is better value in my opinion as it has a much better image processing on board - Pixel Plus HD which helps with picture quality.

This is a great TV for the money - €449.99 instore but €404.99 after your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discont.

How does this sound?
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

How about the Philips 32PFL5404H - has MPEG4 tuner, USB, VGA 3x HDMI and 2x SCART inputs this TV is better value in my opinion as it has a much better image processing on board - Pixel Plus HD which helps with picture quality.

How does this sound?
    Ash

Thanks Ash, something to think about there. I was going for a 26" as the room isn't very big, and I don't watch an awful lot of TV. The only reason I was going for something that size is that my friends complain their eyesight isn't as good as mine.

The last TV that was there was a 19" (I think), so jumping from that to 32" might be a shock - I think I might cut out a piece of cardboard that size and see if it overwhelms the room :)

I'll get back to you after the weekend if that's OK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Thoie

Some things in life are better bigger.....(and I guess some things are not - overdrafts and credit card bills spring to mind...)

No worries on getting back to me after the weekend.

have a good one
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.