Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Student!

Options
  • 09-11-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey, im an student in nui galway doing undenominated engineering, and i found out that there was a course in UCD called structural engineering with architecture.I would love to transfer to it when i get into 2nd year, and i was wondering if anyone knew weather or not im able to transfer?I heard if you get good grades at the end of 1st year that they would consider you?but im not sure!...I only got 440 in my leavin cert, so i wudnt b able to go into 1st year?......so does anyone know if i cud transfer into 2nd year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The courses in the first year of the SEA programme at UCD are nearly all common to the other Engineering courses here, denominated or not, so I think that would work. It's a pretty interesting course, and some of it is shared with Architecture students too.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

http://www.ucd.ie/engarch/contact.htm

Get in contact with the programme office and arrange a meeting, provide them with all the module details of your course. Good luck, the eng programme office staff are very nice and accommodating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hbajwa9

alrite dat sounds gr8!thanks 4 da replies!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

bnt wrote: »
    The courses in the first year of the SEA programme at UCD are nearly all common to the other Engineering courses here, denominated or not, so I think that would work. It's a pretty interesting course, and some of it is shared with Architecture students too.

In semester 1 structural with arch students don't take electronic/electrical engineering but take an architecture module (not sure what but i've dubbed it arts and crafts :rolleyes:) The 5 other modules are the same.

Advertisement