Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowball, does anyone remember?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I remember them on the shelf alright. You could make something simliar; it was advocat & lime/lemon with a tonic/lemonade irc, never tried one. Google is throwing-up some ideas if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yep.it came in little green bottles and was aimed at the baby cham type market. Was the choice of lots of little old ladies, About 2% alcohol. Delicous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I remember asking this question to both the Findlater Grants and Edward Dillon reps when they visited our offie a few months back, and both said they haven't been on the Irish market in over 15 years. So i would say 'no' is the answer to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

You can make it yourself - in a tall glass, put in about a third of a glass of advocaat, the juice of half a lime, and top up with white lemonade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Weird, my ma was going on about them as well. Sainsbury's I think sell them if you're near the NI border. I doubt you'll find them in the 26-county variety of Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭St James

Whatever you do, do NOT repeat DO NOT ask anyone under 30 about a snowball!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

St James wrote: »

Yeah i saw this thread title yesterday and started giggling like a child :D

Side not: Who mentioned baby cham!?!?! I tasted that when i was about 10, from what i can remember its kind of like west coast cooler. Is it still around? Wasnt bambi on the bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

From googling snowball drink they seem easy enough to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Side not: Who mentioned baby cham!?!?! I tasted that when i was about 10, from what i can remember its kind of like west coast cooler. Is it still around? Wasnt bambi on the bottle?

Yep. it had a wee Bambi-like cartoon on the bottle. It was considered the height of sophistication in the late 70s. It was still around in the 90s too. It was a perry and made in Shepton Mallet, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Arcto wrote: »
    Yeah i saw this thread title yesterday and started giggling like a child :D

I only know of it cause this band I like made a big deal about drinking it in a sort of ironic kinda "we're rock stars but we drink this pish" kinda way.

I got a bottle in Newry a while ago. It can't be had in the 26 version of Ireland it would seem... tough I did see a small broken bottle around the corner from my gaff a while ago and it wasn't mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nigella the aul Milf even has her own recipe.

46snowball_228x219.jpg

St James wrote: »
    What is this alternative snowball that you talk of?

Advertisement