Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog

Options
  • 09-11-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi

My pup has been missing since the 3-11 2009, he is a brown and white jack russell minature
    and he's three months old.
    He went missing from the Ballysimon road area of Limerick at about 5.30 in the evening ,there was alot of traffic around at that time so some one from the county might of picked him up.
    i have put up posters and rang the pound plus Animal welfare and put an add in the paper.
    One guy rang my dad and said he had the dog and was keeping him.
    If anyone see's this dog will they please ring the number in the add.
    There is a reward offered for the return of the Dog

Thanks

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/kqs9wd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You should also put a notice in the Limerick Post too, they have a small section for lost pets. That newspaper has a large circulation around the city and county so you could get lucky.

Best of luck and I hope he is returned to you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It may also be worth having a look around some of the halting sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

You could try the local vets as well. I'm driving around that area today, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Do hope you find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beany12 wrote: »
    Hi

My pup has been missing since the 3-11 2009, he is a brown and white jack russell minature
    and he's three months old.
    He went missing from the Ballysimon road area of Limerick at about 5.30 in the evening ,there was alot of traffic around at that time so some one from the county might of picked him up.
    i have put up posters and rang the pound plus Animal welfare and put an add in the paper.
    One guy rang my dad and said he had the dog and was keeping it and someone else rang twice and said nothing and hung up.
    If anyone see's this dog will they please ring the number in the add.
    There is a reward offered for the return of the Dog

Thanks

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/kqs9wd

Someone rang to say they had your dog and that they were keeping it?

There are some right tools out there to be doing something like that. Most likely they do not have your dog, but if it was me, I would take that number and report it to the Gardai and say that it was an abusive call. Let them get a dose of medicine back that way.

I hope your little dog turns up and has just been found by some kindhearted person who is looking after him until they spot your ad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It may also be worth having a look around some of the halting sites.

+1

Not to be tarring everyone living in those sites with the same brush but in the past when our family dogs went missing they were often found tied up in either the halting site on Childers Rd or the unofficial one by Mount St Lawrence graveyard.

• Advertisement

Just another idea for you, OP. It might be a good idea to check the animal welfare centres in Tipperary and also see if they have a dog pound where your puppy may have been handed in, as a lot of people driving on the Ballysimon road in the evenings would be heading home to Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Beany12

@ Bazza26 : Was too late for the Limerick post last week,but i got an email today saying he will be in this weeks one.Hope that works cause I was able to return a pup through that a few weeks ago and she had been missing for a fortnight

@Run_to_da_hills : good idea I'll try them

@iora_rua : didn't think of the vets..i'll ring them tomorrow and thanks for keeping an eye out

@kess73 : yeah some people are fools..whats the point in doing something like that?..some people have a sad sense of humour .We tried to get the number off meteor but they said they can't see it either if its a private number,might try the guards and see what they say. i'll try the Tipperary pounds tomorrow the email from the Post said to try them as well

@iguana :We'll try them later on..didn't think to go up the side of the graveyard.. the woman in the place for the homeless men on mulgrave st said she saw a small dog like ours around the place, so he might of headed back that way.

thanks everyone for the suggestions and the replys

Try contacting Live 95FM as well to see if they would run anything to let people know about your dog.

Telephone:
    Reception: +353 61 46 19 00
    On Air: +353 61 46 19 95

Limerick's Live 95FM
    Radio House
    Dock Road
    Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Beany12

Kess73 wrote: »
    Try contacting Live 95FM as well to see if they would run anything to let people know about your dog.

Telephone:
    Reception: +353 61 46 19 00
    On Air: +353 61 46 19 95

Limerick's Live 95FM
    Radio House
    Dock Road
    Limerick

Thanks Kess...I'll give them a ring as well.

Advertisement