Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Saturday Night

Options
  • 09-11-2009 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

Its my birthday this week so will prob head out at the weekend, but I really fancy doing something different. I'm fed up of doing the same thing... pub-Stores-Newbay/House Party.

Can anyone suggest something different?

Thanks,

Sally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Go greyhound racing.

Kilcohan in Waterford, bit of nice civilised dinner overlooking the track, some civilised alcohol consumption, civilised table service gambling, you get the picture. Your fortieth birthday, right?

Let yourself goooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Nah, there's no point fooling yourself with bowling, greyhound racing etc. Everything will invariably end up in a pub so just accept it. Dinner in www.letirebouchon.ie and then drinks afterwards is your best bet. Don't try to fight the Irish pub culture, it's pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Everything will invariably end up in a pub so just accept it. Dinner in www.letirebouchon.ie and then drinks afterwards is your best bet. Don't try to fight the Irish pub culture, it's pointless.

Agreed, but the pub is at the track.

Advertisement