Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important notice - Maclaren pushchair

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The company stressed that models sold in the UK were not affected.

It doesn't appear to apply to Ireland - I assume it's the UK ones that are sold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

simu wrote: »
    It doesn't appear to apply to Ireland - I assume it's the UK ones that are sold here.

According to RTÉ news @ one, the models sold here are the same as the american models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I bought mine in the US and am here now but the form on the website only accepts US addresses.

There goes my hope of any kind of resale value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1110/breaking44.htm

The Irish/European angle. They seem to think Europeans have more cop on than Americans in keeping kids away from hinges? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

simu wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1110/breaking44.htm

The Irish/European angle. They seem to think Europeans have more cop on than Americans in keeping kids away from hinges? :confused:

Eh, more like they know Americans are more likely to sue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

If they are the same product its odd that they are not recalling it here too. Could you really feel happy with a Maclaren pushchair after hearing that news but at the same time we use numerous items that close/swing and hinge everyday and you just have to be cautious with the little ones fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

True, but you have to admire the Mclarens safety ethics. They immediately recalled some push-chairs. I presume that they are looking into making them safer as a result.

I have to say though that their push-chairs in general are a great feat of engineering. I can collapse that little sucker quite fast when the bus is coming and I can store it fast and easily for travel.

At the end of the journey it is easy to carry and unfold with one hand with the other hand on the child. A quick flick of the wrist and a kick of the foot employs it nicely.

I do suppose though that a stressed parent will sometimes miss the kiddy reaching into the little storage space underneath for a fave toy whilst stressed parent tries to fold said push-chair. Little fingers will find a way to be chopped off!

Interesting though this design has been used for quite awhile without to many complaints, the recent recall is a wonder in that respect. A more careful parent would avoid kiddies catching their fingers in such an obvious place like a hinged chair surely?

Advertisement