Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10.30 mass on sunday in bray

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

I visit Bray every 3rd weekend and usually attend 10.30 Mass on Sundays in the Holy Redeemer church.It has to be the most annoying Mass that I have ever attended.Why is there a need to clap when a child does a reading, usually in a dreadful sing song tone.Why do parents and in particular fathers feel the need to wander around the church during Mass holding their whinging offspring TAKE THEM OUTSIDE.Thank God for swine flu as it has called a halt to the dramatics at the sign of peace.The Folk Group are excellent though,it's a pity that they have to share the altar with the wannabe starlets and their doting parents.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

hamlet1 wrote: »
    I visit Bray every 3rd weekend and usually attend 10.30 Mass on Sundays in the Holy Redeemer church.It has to be the most annoying Mass that I have ever attended.

why do you go then - there's no shortage of churches in Bray and north Wicklow, vote with your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

hamlet1 wrote: »
    I visit Bray every 3rd weekend and usually attend 10.30 Mass on Sundays in the Holy Redeemer church.It has to be the most annoying Mass that I have ever attended.Why is there a need to clap when a child does a reading, usually in a dreadful sing song tone.Why do parents and in particular fathers feel the need to wander around the church during Mass holding their whinging offspring TAKE THEM OUTSIDE.Thank God for swine flu as it has called a halt to the dramatics at the sign of peace.The Folk Group are excellent though,it's a pity that they have to share the altar with the wannabe starlets and their doting parents.:mad:

The 10.30 mass last Sunday was also for children doing their Communion this year. It was aimed at families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

foxy06 wrote: »
    The 10.30 mass last Sunday was also for children doing their Communion this year. It was aimed at families.

TBH when you're a parent of a child making their Communion (or Confirmation for that matter) I honestly don't know of any other church that puts in as much effort. I have been at this Mass for those preparing for Communion and would not have even noticed what you did!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

brayblue24 wrote: »
    TBH when you're a parent of a child making their Communion (or Confirmation for that matter) I honestly don't know of any other church that puts in as much effort. I have been at this Mass for those preparing for Communion and would not have even noticed what you did!!
    yes I agree that church puts a huge effort in the preparation,but the only ones interested are the parents of the children concerned.That enrolment should have been done at a separate ceremony,not at Sunday Mass.A lot of people around me were not too happy either at the length of time it took. I know the 10.30 mass is a family one but there is still no need to clap after every reading that a child does,or to have a mad hugging session at the sign of peace.The kids come across as being very cocky and full of their own importance.The small ones that come out on the altar are very distracting and I dont see why the older ones cant just go to the proper Mass instead of landing in half way through.I feel sorry for the priest having this circus on the altar at the most important part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yeah, what's with this mass in English lark? It should be in Latin and the sermons should be about how we're all sinners and God hates us. Vatican II has a lot to answer for!

Seriously OP, if getting kids interested in the church and actively being encouraged to participate gets on your wick, you need to go to a different mass or a different church. Maybe even change denomination?

• Advertisement

Yeah, what's with this mass in English lark? It should be in Latin and the sermons should be about how we're all sinners and God hates us. Vatican II has a lot to answer for!

Seriously OP, if getting kids interested in the church and actively being encouraged to participate gets on your wick, you need to go to a different mass or a different church. Maybe even change denomination?
    I have no problem with kids participating to a degree,but at that mass they take over and they all seem so smarmy.But I'll take your advice and just not go to that particular Mass anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Did you say the KIDS are smarmy, cocky and full of their own importance:rolleyes:

foxy06 wrote: »
    Did you say the KIDS are smarmy, cocky and full of their own importance:rolleyes:
    I did,and it's because their parents have made them that way!I think it's time now to close this thread and agree to differ on the subject of that Mass.

Advertisement