Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will win the Premier League?

• 09-11-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Well we are 11/12 games into the 09/10 season so I thought it would be a good time for a poll.

Say who do you think will win the EPL?

Please vote!

Who will the EPL 09/10? 153 votes

Arsenal
    0%
    Aston Villa
    23%
    RasTaDont be at yourselfPalefaceKiithkeano_afcwardieUnearthlyMr. Presentable[Deleted User]vestanpanceAuversJoeyjoejoe43thorbarryLimerick DudethegenOPENROADGO'SmirwillbebackMintoFearDark 36 votes
    Birmingham City
    5%
    Bounty HunterSamuraiHelixJPASavmansternnOne Cold HandTomthepost 8 votes
    Blackburn Rovers
    0%
    Bolton Wanderers
    0%
    ctrl-alt-delete 1 vote
    Burnley
    0%
    Chelsea
    0%
    CR 7 1 vote
    Everton
    39%
    mike65Chucky the treeniallithVillainmobby_blank_joe123HolstenkraggyjemapplehunterA Dub in GlasgomikemacselpherbreadmonkeyMitch Connoreventciaran76The_HustlerRoyale with Cheese 60 votes
    Fulham
    0%
    Photi 1 vote
    Hull City
    0%
    Liverpool
    0%
    Iron Hide 1 vote
    Manchester City
    2%
    BogglesmayordenisreverandkenjamiJohnny Utah 4 votes
    Manchester United
    0%
    Xavi6 1 vote
    Portsmouth
    23%
    PHBThe MuppetSoldieIagobohsmancaffreyMr.Nice GuyOtaconorourkedador83andrewie[Deleted User]DayshaDave!Mars BarDSBironictoasterPCrosballroom blitzTheresalwaysone 36 votes
    Stoke City
    1%
    kryogenjaykay74 2 votes
    Sunderland
    1%
    eddieheadflahavaj 2 votes
    Tottenham Hotspur
    0%
    West Ham United
    0%
    Wigan Athletic
    0%
    Wolves
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Everton
    I said Chelsea back in April and I'm sticking with it. In fact I have 100 yoyos on them at 3/1. I really can't see them messing up like they did last season. End of thread.

Everton
    Hull

Honestly. Chelsea with Arsenal pushing them all the way.

Definitely not united imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont think it will be Liverpool anyway, I reckon arsenal have a great chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Portsmouth
    This thread should be closed immediately after the first person that says liverpool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Aston Villa
    I think Arsenal will get it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Aston Villa
    OK who voted for Burnley

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Everton
    I think that in the last few months of the season it will be a very familiar two horse race between Chelsea and Man Utd.

With Chelsea taking the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Everton
    I don't think Arsenal will win it, maybe 2nd which would still be very good.
    I think it'll be Chelsea but can't see United being too far away either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Sunderland
    I think the OP wasted his time with at least 17 of those options, or if us Chelsea fans are anything to by.....19:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Everton
    Chelsea. with ease imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Everton
    eddiehead wrote: »
    I think the OP wasted his time with at least 17 of those options, or if us Chelsea fans are anything to by.....19:pac:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Aston Villa
    Arsenal if they can keep playing the way they are playing which I know is highly doubtful.It's be good to see someone other then Utd or Chelsea winnin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Everton
    I think Chelsea will go all the way. They have a solid squad and a great manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its between Chelsea and Arsenal for me. Would still not rule out United if there within six points come January they may be brought back into it with African Nations cup getting in the way.

Liverpool will still get in top four too.

At this moment think Chelsea look the best bet.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Chelsea. with ease imo.

lol

always chelsea, the same prediction for the last 3 seasons ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Everton
    Chelsea at a canter

Everton
    nope, thought Utd would win it the season before last.

thought Chelsea last year alright, for all the same reasons i think they will this year, added to the fact that all their direct title rivals from last season are considerably weaker at this moment in time, i back them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Portsmouth
    Still think United can do it because I'm expecting Chelsea to drop a good few points when Drogba, Essien etc head over to Africa after Christmas, and even more so when the business end of the CL comes around. We all know what their priority will be then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Portsmouth
    This is why I want to see a PR-STV voting system for boards :)

My heart says United will win it, I hope. If I had to put money down though after United, I think I might go for Arsenal above Chelsea, just got a feeling its their year for a challenge. Still think United have a great shot at it though.

Everton
    headshot, please list the games Chelsea are playing during the African Nations Cup.

they couldnt have hand picked nicer fixtures. add to that the fact they are gonna spend in Jan. it wont be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Aston Villa
    Arsenal to break their duck and win something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Birmingham City
    I'd be surprised if United win it and if they do it will be 70% because of their manager. At the moment it looks like Chelsea, but I'd like to see Arsenal keep up their challenge, definitely the most entertaining team in the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Everton
    Arsenal will drop points in winter, kids don't like cold :)

headshot, please list the games Chelsea are playing during the African Nations Cup.

they couldnt have hand picked nicer fixtures. add to that the fact they are gonna spend in Jan. it wont be an issue.

:confused:

do it yourself you lazy so and so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Everton
    Chelsea's to lose.

Arsenal might sneek up but so far it looks like Chelsea.

Everton
    lol, i thought you knew them off by heart, you're always talking about em & i can't be arsed looking :p

Aston Villa
    CHD wrote: »
    Arsenal will drop points in winter, kids don't like cold :)

Arshavin will lend them some of his gloves and they'll be sound!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

Everton
    if its in january like i remember chelsea have nothing to worry about :)
    hull(away)
    sunderland(home)
    birmingham(home)
    burnley(away)

Sunderland

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^
    I really wish people would stop banging on about how we'll do during the ACN, I'm more concerned about how we do between now and Xmas, we have a tough few games between now and then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aston Villa
    picked arsenal for balance.

it'll be chelsea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Everton
    C'mon own up - Who voted Portmouth? :pac:

Chelsea first.
    Arsenal second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Portsmouth
    If Man Utd win it again, there's a rumour that it will be re-named as The Fergiership.

Sunderland
    If Man Utd win it again, there's a rumour that it will be re-named as The Fergiership.

That'd be deadly, shur the stats go back to zero when you rename the league don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Portsmouth
    donmeister wrote: »
    C'mon own up - Who voted Portmouth? :pac:

Chelsea first.
    Arsenal second.

JayKay1 did!

Click on the number of times the team has been voted and it'll show ya the culprits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Everton
    Chelsea :(

• Advertisement

Portsmouth
    eddiehead wrote: »
    That'd be deadly, shur the stats go back to zero when you rename the league don't they?

The stats begin in 1992/93 season - all previous league records were tragically lost in a fire & as there was huge debate & very little general concencus as to the accuracy of previous winners, the re-naming to The Premiership took place.

Everyone knows that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Portsmouth
    Smart money's on United :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Portsmouth
    I said Chelsea back in April and I'm sticking with it. In fact I have 100 yoyos on them at 3/1. I really can't see them messing up like they did last season. End of thread.

What's this end of thread crap all about. Is this after hours?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Everton
    It'll be Chelsea I'd say, although I'd like Arsenal to win it (barring the miracle I'd obviously dream of).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Everton
    I think it'll be Chelsea but I put money on Arsenal at 10-1 at the beginning of the season and they've been great so that could be the bias in me speaking. If I weren't a Blue I probably would have voted for the Gunners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Everton
    Chelsea, hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Everton
    Chelsea or Arsenal subject to usual small print no money back clauses

Aston Villa
    Dave! wrote: »
    Smart money's on United :pac:

Is "Smart Money" some sort of bad investment company ?. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Portsmouth
    Unreal seeing the amount of people dismissing United, yes we have just lost another big game, but on another day that would have been a draw tbf.

Its only 12 games gone, Chelsea haven't visited any of the big teams yet, lets wait until they visit these teams to see how they fare. The Chelsea at a canter business is also nonsense, losing away to Wigan and Villa and struggling to beat Stoke and Hull sort of dismisses the EAZY- EEE attitude towards the league most people seem to have taken :rolleyes:

Chelsea will have a blip at some stage, lets see how they cope with that.

I still think we have a great chance although will probably just come up short, but the damnation of our hopes is a joke at this stage of the season tbh.

If we don't win it I hope Arsenal do, terrific to watch.

Portsmouth
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Is "Smart Money" some sort of bad investment company ?. :cool:

I think it's Richard Crowley's on-line betting website.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Aston Villa
    I voted for Arsenal to be biased but it will be Chelsea this year I think!:mad: Can't see utd in the top 2 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm surprised at all this 'Chelsea at a canter' and 'Chelsea easily' predictions.

What do these people define as 'easily' because for me it suggests at least a 7 or 8 point gap between Chelsea and their nearest competitors, and for a title race to be off the cards by April.

For me I think it's going to be closer. Unfortunately Liverpool are out of it now but I think we could see a really entertaining 3 horse race this year.

That said Chelsea are in the driving seat and the smart money is on them, but they haven't been untouchable this season. With Liverpool out of it I'd love to see Arsenal do it and I feel they can. If Fabregas can stay fit for at least 85% of the remaining fixtures then I think an Arsenal win is a strong possibility.

United have been weakened by Ronaldo's departure and there are question marks over parts of their team but to rule them out at this stage would be foolish.

Ultimately it's hard to tell at this stage, all 3 teams have some holes you can pick in them, but with Chelsea's current lead and sqaud I'll stick with them but it won't be a huge surprise if I'm proved wrong one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sunderland
    As long as its still mathematically possible Stoke have my vote.:pac:

Everton
    Morzadec wrote: »
    What do these people define as 'easily' because for me it suggests at least a 7 or 8 point gap between Chelsea and their nearest competitors, and for a title race to be off the cards by April.

thats what i predict tbh.

despite Utds best league start in a number of years this season, Chelsea are 5 points clear in November, gonna strenghten in Jan & still have Joe Cole & Zhirkov to come back into the fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Everton
    Smegball wrote: »

I still think we have a great chance although will probably just come up short, but the damnation of our hopes is a joke at this stage of the season tbh.

Us Chelsea fans certainly think United's collapse and our EEZ-EEEY title is hilarious stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement