Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what will i do???

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all.
    i have a little problem and need advice...
    i got a BA in economics and management abroad (in EU). now working full time as a retail manager, but want to do some course on something like project management or in HR - did not make up my mind yet, something in relation to my degree and work. also never studied in Ireland so not too sure about how exactly the structure of higher education looks like in here (it seems more complicated then in my country, but maybe just 'seems'...). Now, i know this is not straight question and might sound silly, but what would you recommend? which college (thinking of distance learning)? what type of course should i look like? degree, diploma, cert? what is the level of diploma? is worth doing that?
    thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Your BA is most likely a Level 7 or Level 8 in Ireland.

A certificate is Level 6 and a diploma is Level 7.

You could try looking at the websites of the various third level colleges (have a look at the Edu category here to give a list of some of the third level colleges/universities in Ireland).

Off the top of my head, University of Limerick to a distance learning course in Project Management, I am sure a few others do too.

The Open University in the UK do a masters in HR If you have a look you would be able to tell if your current qualification is enough for entry.

The OU is very good at distance learning but it takes a while and costs a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

This site should allow you to compare your qualification to the Irish system.
    http://www.qualificationsrecognition.ie/recognition/

Advertisement