Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason sound effects prob

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey guys, thanks for any help in advance.

Ok, i just purchased fx samples (Razor FX), i open up redrum drum machine and browse the samples and pick which ones i want, now heres the problem/s if i press play on the redrum to hear the sample, well it just keeps on looping the sample every other second even if i take off enable pattern button or run, it still keeps looping.

I tried memorizing the loops so i wouldnt have to press play in redrum, i did that and copied pattern to track, that worked fine but.... the effects start looping again over my track thats playing and when i stop the track the samples still loop.

I know its probably something silly here but its only been happening since i got these new samples.... help :eek:

Cheers
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Starfox wrote: »
    Hey guys, thanks for any help in advance.

Ok, i just purchased fx samples (Razor FX), i open up redrum drum machine and browse the samples and pick which ones i want, now heres the problem/s if i press play on the redrum to hear the sample, well it just keeps on looping the sample every other second even if i take off enable pattern button or run, it still keeps looping.

I tried memorizing the loops so i wouldnt have to press play in redrum, i did that and copied pattern to track, that worked fine but.... the effects start looping again over my track thats playing and when i stop the track the samples still loop.

I know its probably something silly here but its only been happening since i got these new samples.... help :eek:

Cheers
    Shane

can you explain step by step whats happening not sure i understand whats going on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

is there a thor or matrix running?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

Stab*City wrote: »
    can you explain step by step whats happening not sure i understand whats going on..

I create a redrum drum machine, load a random sample from my new sample pack (razor fx) and if i press play to hear what it sounds like it will continue to play (loop) over and over again, even if i diable pattern selection and run

Helix wrote: »
    is there a thor or matrix running?

Nope, i thought that might have been the problem since you mentioned it so i opened a new file and just created redrum on its own, same prob...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

have a look at the samples in a wav editor. make sure theyre just "one shots"
    sometimes a wav file has the sample a couple of times at different velocities or different variations or whatever, might sound like looping.

probably not but just something else to check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Strange problem! Does this only happen with samples from the sample pack?

jiltloop wrote: »
    Strange problem! Does this only happen with samples from the sample pack?

Yip its only the new razor fx samples ive got, its really annoying aswell because the fx's are pretty sweet, i mailed the suppliers to see whats the crack :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Are they in wav format? If you listen to a sample using windows media player does it sound normal? If it the samples sound normal outside of reason but only behave strangely in reason then that's a very confusing problem.

Advertisement