Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of fixing gaps in wooden floor

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I want to do something about the gaps in the wooden floor of the house that I rent. The landlord doesn't seem to be too interested in helping out. However, he thinks it is OK if I do something about them myself.

One simple solution that I stumbled across on the web was to fill the gaps using natural rope. That option is appealing since it is reversible and didn't seem to be to complicated. In this case, though, some of the gaps are quite wide. The widest is roughly 1.5 cm wide. You could easily see the insulation 10 cm below the planks.

Now I am wondering if anybody out there have any experience of filling floor gaps with rope or perhaps other material? Do you know were to buy good natural ropes of various widths?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭gar_29

Floora wrote: »
    I want to do something about the gaps in the wooden floor of the house that I rent. The landlord doesn't seem to be too interested in helping out. However, he thinks it is OK if I do something about them myself.

One simple solution that I stumbled across on the web was to fill the gaps using natural rope. That option is appealing since it is reversible and didn't seem to be to complicated. In this case, though, some of the gaps are quite wide. The widest is roughly 1.5 cm wide. You could easily see the insulation 10 cm below the planks.

Now I am wondering if anybody out there have any experience of filling floor gaps with rope or perhaps other material? Do you know were to buy good natural ropes of various widths?

i used this stuff. works brilliantly.

http://www.stopg-p.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Floora

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.

Advertisement