Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching experience for the hdip form

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm wondering if it is ok that my teaching experience is from three different schools? There is space on page 2 of the PGDE application form to tick your number of hours, but there is only one space for a school principal to sign this. Here is what the application form looks like:

http://www.pac.ie/applications/FAQ/Page2_pgdeE.php

My 57 hours come from three different schools, can one principal sign for them all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peewee18988

Hi

Would not worry too much about it, I had something similar and one of the Principals I worked for didn't sign the form. If NUI have any problems with the form they will make a quick call to the school and check with the principal.

If you only need 50 hours, just ask your current Principal to sign off on it. We have a sub this yr who has done bout 80 hours but needs 250 by December 1st. The Principal here is gonna sign off on that for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Yo can always write "On separate sheet attached" in the box and then complete your list of schools on a separate sheet to include with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

has done bout 80 hours but needs 250 by December 1st. The Principal here is gonna sign off on that for her.

Really??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.Mar

wow, wish a principal would do that for me! i rang the postgrad applications centre, they said I will have to hand up a hardcopy detailing my hours. But I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, it's not mentioned under "supporting documents" in number 8 here..... http://www.pac.ie/faq.php?inst=pe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 strictlydancing

Hi Daisyperm,
    I am applying for the PGDE too. I've also got over 50 teaching hours experience. I'm a little confused about the above comments. 1. Where on the online PAC form do we get the principal to sign? 2. Do we have to get written letter from school or will payslips do?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.Mar

Sorry I read the application wrong, there is a place on page two for us to write the name of the principal, I thought this was for the principal to sign but it's not. I rang up and they said we will have to provide a hard copy detailing our hours. I'm not sure what this is exactly, because it's not mentioned under the list of supporting documents we need to send in. Anyway, I don't think we need payslips, all my hours have been voluntary. Probably need a letter from the principal.

Advertisement