Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unstable guy throws a wobbler on RTE!!!

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

What ya make of that?!?!?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

You know he might be unstable but he actually had a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I wouldn't like to be trying to get him out of montrose :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

that was so funny, love the way he kept on at the end:D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I did not know whether to laugh or cry. Mad stuff alltogether. I like the frontline but if this happens they may pre-record it which would sanitise it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Villain wrote: »
    You know he might be unstable but he actually had a point

Yeah but he's ready to jump the table, which just diminishes any argument that he might have...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hope someone puts it on youtube. He put pat kenny in his place:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Live TV at its best, Kenny didn't do himself any favours by not responding though, although he might yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I did not know whether to laugh or cry. Mad stuff alltogether. I like the frontline but if this happens they may pre-record it which would sanitise it IMO.

It was very funny to watch, but Yes a good point.
    The downside is that we basically lost out on the debate.

Plus his criticisms were below the belt really.

Honestly, if Pat Kenny wasn't tackling these issues on the Frontline, then who else would be doing it?

They wouldn't let David McWilliams do it, Pat Kenny is about the only person who can pull it off.

There'll probably be all dublin 4ers in the audience next week:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What a lovely addendum to Jack O'Connor's "trophy house" comment last week. Pat The (Very Rich) Plank indeed :D:D:D:D:D

My first thought after listening to that guy is that is has mental problems. Not because he was roaring his head off, but because he was ranting at both Kenny and Hanafin. It was just an open ended rant, with no particular grievance, other than how much Kenny was paid, which seemed to come at the end of his rant...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Remember this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiIsIE8iT28

Pat is a magnet to these looney tunes.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Anger like this cannot be bought.

Michael O Brien's assessment of the situation was far more damning. The appearence, and some incoherence of the fella was a slight downfall. However, it is necessary to pull RTE up over this.

Its a shame that Mary Hanafin can be given a soapbox to proffer platitudes, while answering nothing in the affirmative. Then we have to move on to Miley Cyrus, who is irrelevant to the crisis, and is of no consequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

This guy was on O'Connell street shouting at Begg (vid here)

He was also pictured in the papers wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Did he have a point? Sure. Did he look like a prize idiot and thus nullify any traction his point would have with reasonable people? Most definitely.

Het-Field wrote: »
    Anger like this cannot be bought.

Michael O Brien's assessment of the situation was far more damning. The appearence, and some incoherence of the fella was a slight downfall. However, it is necessary to pull RTE up over this.

Its a shame that Mary Hanafin can be given a soapbox to proffer platitudes, while answering nothing in the affirmative. Then we have to move on to Miley Cyrus, who is irrelevant to the crisis, and is of no consequence.

But I think an open ended erruption like that is just embarrasing... He departed from the debate and implicitly threatened violence to make his point...

Jack O' Connor must be delighted that the spotlight has fallen on someone else now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Frontline psychopath for president:D:D:D

It's suprising that the camera stayed on the guy while he shouted ,it almost looked like he was the focus of the shot:)

cavedave wrote: »

Hah! And RTE actually left him in the door... They should fire whoever vets people and if they don't have someone doing that, God love their innocence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

Plus his criticisms were below the belt really.

Honestly, if Pat Kenny wasn't tackling these issues on the Frontline, then who else would be doing it?

They wouldn't let David McWilliams do it, Pat Kenny is about the only person who can pull it off.

€600,000 for 11 works was a pretty succinct point and not below the belt at all. Cutting social welfare, education and health is an assault on the poorerst people and people who can't afford to pay while Pat Kenny does his unbias act. That is below the belt.

Why do think only RTE can "tackle" these issues?

cavedave wrote: »

Lol, well spotted! I'd say the RTE campus is a no drive zone now!!!

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    €600,000 for 11 works was a pretty succinct point and not below the belt at all. Cutting social welfare, education and health is an assault on the poorerst people and people who can't afford to pay while Pat Kenny does his unbias act. That is below the belt.

The comment about his legal tiff with the neighbours was below the belt. He also cheapened his argument by accusing Kenny of money grubbing and corruption I think.

He had a point, and if he had left it at 600K for 11 hours of work (even though this isn't true I imagine) he'd have done his cause more justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Alan Rouge wrote: »

But didn't be accuse both Hanafin AND Kenny of this 11 hour week??? First he attacked Hanafin for only working an 11 hour week, then he attacked kenny for the exact same thing, this is where I started thinking he was off his head...

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    It's suprising that the camera stayed on the guy while he shouted ,it almost looked like he was the focus of the shot:)

I'd say for the first 15-20 seconds, they reckoned they had found the man who had the pulse of the nation, the new national hero, the man who said-it-as-he said-it, a Joe the Plumber character who had the balls to put it up to the minister on live TV and bring the hurt of the nation to just under the nose of the minister, then they realised after 20 seconds that he was clearly off his head and by then it was too late, so time for a commercial break, then change subject...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Is this still the Politics forum, or am I missing something?

Yeah, but live TV and all that.. (to be clear, the thread will be left open for a while for the politics geeks to obsess over, if it strays too close to being a ranting & raving thread it'll be closed)

Actually bring back the ranter. He's a lot more topical than the "Oh won't someone please think of the children!" crap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

I agree completely, but he had a lot of good points. My favourite part was when he said something like "I'm going to steal a field from some old woman". It's a pity that he ranted so long, because his initial points were great and I would have loved to have seen The Plank try to answer, but the rant went on so much Pat could just blow him off as a crazy person. Despite that Pat didn't handle it well and it was very uncomfortable.

I wonder if RTE will cut that bit when they repeat the show? If so, I hope it ends up on Youtube.

The strangest part is that he then segued into Hannah Montana, probably the worst segue in RTE history!

Advertisement