Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxes Bow robbery - Drug parafenalia shop

Options
  • 10-11-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Someone ripped off the roller shutter door and broke the glass door of that shop that sells drug parafenalia on Foxes Bow at about 9.30pm this evening. Don't think they stole much as they were disturbed. Gardai arrived about an hour after being phoned.

Is lawlessness taking over this City?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Who in their right mind would rob a head shop. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

PaddyThai wrote: »
    Is lawlessness taking over this City?.

yes.

Never before was there a robbery in Ireland. Amazing stuff. A new low for limerick.

God help us all.

On a side note the sooner head shops are banned fully the better

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its full of bongs and bob marley posters, that place is like El Dorado to scobes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

they might rob it to get out of their right mind

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

krudler wrote: »
    Its full of bongs and bob marley posters, that place is like El Dorado to scobes

Thanks for that, it gave me a good laugh. :D

Will have a grin on my face the next time I walk past the place or the one on William street now, as El Dorado will defo stick in my head for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There was a story in the LimerickLeader memories section yesterday from either 40 or 50 years ago, where thieves broke into a shop through in an elaborate operation to steal £1

Shops get broken into in town all the time. sometimes it gets reported, sometimes it don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

john_cappa wrote: »
    On a side note the sooner head shops are banned fully the better

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Henry St. to Foxes Bow via Kranks Korner is about an hour I suppose.

........Snack boxes and statements time Lads - God forbid we'd ever arrive anywhere near the time the crime might be stopped or properly investigated.

Head shops are a pack of drug dealing Scobes, like the Drug Families and lots of our Pharmacies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Pity they didn't burn the place to the ground in the process. Then they'd have deserved a medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There really are some high horses in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DarkJager wrote: »
    There really are some high horses in Limerick.

there's regular size ones all over southill as well

Raiser wrote: »
    Head shops are a pack of drug dealing Scobes, like the Drug Families and lots of our Pharmacies.

You need to get off your computer and out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

I... Wait.. I have something... No.. I... Hmm.

That is honestly the most bizzare statement I've ever seen about Limerick.

Looks like we found the culprit.

This lad is clearly after taking too much of something.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Why?

They are selling mind altering drugs basically. Ones with little or no research as to the long-term effects. The law allows it. System is wrong as usual

krudler wrote: »
    there's regular size ones all over southill as well

They are mostly smaller than regular size. There was one in my garden last week when i woke up! Annoying! But the horse was very cute and ran over to the front door when i opened it lol

They are selling mind altering drugs basically. Ones with little or no research as to the long-term effects. The law allows it. System is wrong as usual

WOW your so right there.. i say the system should be changed. Any place that sells mind (or body) altering substances should have their licences taken away. Lets start with the head shops, then the pubs, then the clubs, then the off licences and then the shops that sell tobacco.. hell lets put locks on everybodys door and only open them at certain hours of the day! I presonally love my right to choose being taken away slowly but surely, do you?:confused:

WOW your so right there.. i say the system should be changed. Any place that sells mind (or body) altering substances should have their licences taken away. Lets start with the head shops, then the pubs, then the clubs, then the off licences and then the shops that sell tobacco.. hell lets put locks on everybodys door and only open them at certain hours of the day! I presonally love my right to choose being taken away slowly but surely, do you?:confused:

To be honest i think alcohol should be banned. It is the root of so many problem in society.

Its very easy to talk about choice etc. but when substances are addictive then you cant make that choice anymore? Add to that the fact that most people are not informed enough to make a rational choice about many such substances then removing the choice altogether benefits society as a whole.

All IMO of course ;)

Its very easy to talk about choice etc. but when substances are addictive then you cant make that choice anymore? Add to that the fact that most people are not informed enough to make a rational choice about many such substances then removing the choice altogether benefits society as a whole.

Hello its not 1975 of course people are informed.. and these days its so easy to get informed if your not.. i just dont like the idea of having someone else make my choices for me.. Especially a government who openly back and tax such harmful and deadly substances as fags and drink while pretending they give a f**k about our heath when all in all they only care about the dollar bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

No surprises there really. A girl in the head shop in William St. not too long ago was telling me they were robbed too and they knew who it was but couldn't prove it. Don't think it would be a crazy assumption to say there is a good chance it was the same people involved. Head shops really do attract scum like moths to the light. The people here who condemn people who set up these legal businesses are off their head. It's the laws you should have a problem with if you don't like what they are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

To be honest i think alcohol should be banned. It is the root of so many problem in society.

All IMO of course ;)

Thank god for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

dont think it was a robbery more a bit of "roughing up"

Hello its not 1975 of course people are informed.. and these days its so easy to get informed if your not.. i just dont like the idea of having someone else make my choices for me.. Especially a government who openly back and tax such harmful and deadly substances as fags and drink while pretending they give a f**k about our heath when all in all they only care about the dollar bill.

People are informed? really? point me to the research that show BZP and saliva have no long term physical or psychological effects? very hard to be informed when the research is not done.

Similar to the debate between pro hormones being safer than steroids.

You also skipped my point about choices/addiction

You clearly have an axe to grind with the government.

and these days its so easy to get informed if your not..

it is but the reality is that many people dont!

People are informed? really? point me to the research that show BZP and saliva have no long term physical or psychological effects? very hard to be informed when the research is not done.

Similar to the debate between pro hormones being safer than steroids.

You also skipped my point about choices/addiction

You clearly have an axe to grind with the government.

Point me in the direction where there is information that says i shouldnt eat my keyboard right now.. probably none there for that either but ill be damned if im gonna let you tell me not to eat it if i want to..

anyway whats banning headshops gonna solve? if people wanna get high which they do in v v large and increasing numbers they will find that high be it legal or not.. at least if they buy the high in a headshop it is somewhat controlled (oh and taxed)..

look at all the info that points to tobacco and drink being harmful.. does that stop people selling it? should we ban everything that could be harmful?

Point me in the direction where there is information that says i shouldnt eat my keyboard right now.. probably none there for that either but ill be damned if im gonna let you tell me not to eat it if i want to..

Its not up to the general public/me/government to prove that a product is harmful. It is up to the the sellers to prove that they are safe. This has not been done.

Just as i said pro-hormones are thought to be a safer alternative to steroids as they are essentially legal in most countries. But there is no long-term studies done on their side effects. Just because they are legal does mean they are safe.

anyway whats banning headshops gonna solve? if people wanna get high which they do in v v large and increasing numbers they will find that high be it legal or not.. at least if they buy the high in a headshop it is somewhat controlled (oh and taxed)..

As i said above the law need to change to prohibit these substances. Plenty of research demonstrates that demand increases when substances are legalized.

you think the head shop drugs are "controlled". Yes they go through the strictest of clinical guidelines and FDA approval lol. As i said just because you it over the counter rather does not make it any safer than their illegal counterparts.

Again you throw "oh and taxed" once again demonstrating your annoyance at the government. Stop letting your own personal agenda get in the way.

look at all the info that points to tobacco and drink being harmful.. does that stop people selling it? should we ban everything that could be harmful?

To be honest i think so.

Its not up to the general public/me/government to prove that a product is harmful. It is up to the the sellers to prove that they are safe. This has not been done.

Just as i said pro-hormones are thought to be a safer alternative to steroids as they are essentially legal in most countries. But there is no long-term studies done on their side effects. Just because they are legal does mean they are safe.

As i said above the law need to change to prohibit these substances. Plenty of research demonstrates that demand increases when substances are legalized.

you think the head shop drugs are "controlled". Yes they go through the strictest of clinical guidelines and FDA approval lol. As i said just because you it over the counter rather does not make it any safer than their illegal counterparts.

Again you throw "oh and taxed" once again demonstrating your annoyance at the government. Stop letting your own personal agenda get in the way.

To be honest i think so.

Why prohibit them when there is no evidence they are harmful/not harmful? Shouldnt we have some information before we jump the gun and close all head shops (take away jobs, tax revenue and more when at a time we need every penny we can get)? Or like you should we just dismiss what we dont understand or care to investigate out of hand?

Should we ban iphones because there is no evidence of long term harm? And i have no agenda i just hate people telling me what i can and cant do especially when there is no evidence that these things are harmful/not harmful..

Why prohibit them when there is no evidence they are harmful/not harmful? Shouldnt we have some information before we jump the gun and close all head shops (take away jobs, tax revenue and more when at a time we need every penny we can get)? Or like you should we just dismiss what we dont understand or care to investigate out of hand?

Should we ban iphones because there is no evidence of long term harm? And i have no agenda i just hate people telling me what i can and cant do especially when there is no evidence that these things are harmful/not harmful..

oh stop with the "take away revenue/jobs" heart strings. While i said on the previous page "close them down" i have twice said above certain substances the head shops sell should be made illegal rather than close them down.

Where did i "dismiss what we dont understand"? am i not the advocate for the investigation to increase understanding? it is not me who is asking for the research and information about these drugs to ensure that they are safe to consumer?

or should we just dismiss the possibility that they may have long term effect let who ever wants to take them- take them...... and deal with the consequences in 20 years?

Should we ban iphones because there is no evidence of long term harm?.

there is research being completed that suggests they are not though in some cases....

http://intl-caonline.amcancersoc.org/cgi/content/full/51/2/137

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/5/39/

and harmful in other....

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0015028207003329

Two very different things...phones.....compared to drugs that cause hallucinations. Not really comparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Honestly if you choose to take or smoke anything out of a head shop, then well, thats up to you.

but if you dont, then you dont, dont whinge about the shop being there.

people smoke, which destroys there arterys, lungs, heart etc etc. they still do it.

its all about choice.

• Advertisement

A bag for me
    A bag for you
    Lets get wrecked on
    Bags of glue

Advertisement