Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxes Bow robbery - Drug parafenalia shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

john_cappa wrote: »
    People are informed? really? point me to the research that show BZP and saliva have no long term physical or psychological effects? very hard to be informed when the research is not done.

Similar to the debate between pro hormones being safer than steroids.

You also skipped my point about choices/addiction

You clearly have an axe to grind with the government.

BZP is illegal for some time so is no longer available in any headshop. there's a fair bit of research done on both salvia and BZP if you search for it.
    I've used head shops a few times and find them much better to use than giving money to some drug gangsters from Weston or Moyross. They should be used for the deciminalisation of cannabis imo. If you dont want to use them, fair enough but closing them down is ridiculous imo. Prohibition doesnt work as can be seen all over the place in Limerick, and is one of the reasons we have gang wars in the city. People want to get high. thats just the way it is and always has been. a lot of drugs have been consumed for thousands of years in various forms..the law wont change that imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Honestly if you choose to take or smoke anything out of a head shop, then well, thats up to you.

but if you dont, then you dont, dont whinge about the shop being there.

people smoke, which destroys there arterys, lungs, heart etc etc. they still do it.

its all about choice.

who is whinging? we having a relatively intelligent debate until you arrived......

Are we not supposed to discuss things now?? is this not a forum for airing our opinions?

its all about the choice is it? so should we legalise heroin so? why not? its all about the choice isnt it? but can other peoples choices effect me as easy as my own choices can?

vkid wrote: »
    BZP is illegal for some time so is no longer available in any headshop. there's a fair bit of research done on both salvia and BZP if

I am aware BZP is now illegal. Took long enough though.

Can you point me to some of the research on salvia? positive or negative. I have read some positive research on it being used to treat depression i think

vkid wrote: »
    I've used head shops a few times and find them much better to use than giving money to some drug gangsters from Weston or Moyross.

That is a fair point but many of the people who buy "stuff" in head shops may not have access to drugs from other illegal sources.

My main point is just because this stuff is legal then it is better and there is the misconception that it may not be doing you any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

who is whinging? we having a relatively intelligent debate until you arrived......

Are we not supposed to discuss things now?? is this not a forum for airing our opinions?

its all about the choice is it? so should we legalise heroin so? why not? its all about the choice isnt it? but can other peoples choices effect me as easy as my own choices can?

I am aware BZP is now illegal. Took long enough though.

Can you point me to some of the research on salvia? positive or negative. I have read some positive research on it being used to treat depression i think

That is a fair point but many of the people who buy "stuff" in head shops may not have access to drugs from other illegal sources.

My main point is just because this stuff is legal then it is better and there is the misconception that it may not be doing you any harm.

:'( is all im reading, very defensive even though nothing was directed at you.

when people in head shops start interrupting with your life on a daily basis, then you can lobby for them to be shut down.

as it stands, i see nobody that uses head shops complaining about them.

and yeah, it's all about choice.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

when people in head shops start interrupting with your life on a daily basis, then you can lobby for them to be shut down.

just because something doesnt effect your daily life you should ignore it?

A very apathetic outlook.

Take for example the following extreme.

The gangs in limerick were ignored for a long time by the general public as it didnt effect them directly (though it was effecting all the people in the actual communities). Good sunday paper reading and that was it for the majority! Now the gang problem is effecting the general public. Innocent people have lost their lives. The crime is out of the back streets and into public streets. Trying to reclaim control now is much more difficult.

All it takes for evil to triumph is.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

There's too much teenage angst on this thread, too many shouts of "its not fair" and spoilt-Child door slamming.

- The plain fact is that these people are willing to sell what ever they can to whoever they can at the highest possible profit margin they can attain.

There's Folks on here that sound like they're defending people of decency and integrity. To those of you I recommend that you keep your receipts. Then if you do suffer physical or mental harm that serves to seriously fúck up your quality of life in a few years time you can just go back to the Head Shop and they'll help you with Hospital bills, time off work and cook you nourishing Chicken soup :rolleyes:

E V E R Y T H I N G is legal if it just so happens that it has not been legislated for yet.

Anyone see the Documentary where out and out Scobes in Dublin were secretly filming selling this shít to progressively lower aged Kids? One Scumbag sold a pair of girls well under 18 stuff and then warned them not to take it on the street as they'd probably be paralysed and helpless on the ground - Nah, they'll take it in the sitting room while Mammy and Daddy are watching Prime Time.

Whats to defend here? ........ Its almost confusing........

P.S. Stab City anyone who can strengthen their arguments by threatening to eat their keyboard is deserving of a special brand of respect.

Respect Dude :p

• Advertisement

^^^ lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Raiser wrote: »
    There's too much teenage angst on this thread, too many shouts of "its not fair" and spoilt-Child door slamming.

Makes a change from the clueless anti drug zealots spouting the usual nonsense.
    - The plain fact is that these people are willing to sell what ever they can to whoever they can at the highest possible profit margin they can attain.

Isn't that the whole point of running a business? Would you say the same about pubs?
    here's Folks on here that sound like they're defending people of decency and integrity. To those of you I recommend that you keep your receipts. Then if you do suffer physical or mental harm that serves to seriously fúck up your quality of life in a few years time you can just go back to the Head Shop and they'll help you with Hospital bills, time off work and cook you nourishing Chicken soup :rolleyes:

What makes you think the people running these shops are scumbags? Is it ingrained into your narrow mind that anybody distrubing an untaxed substance for people to enjoy themselves on is a scumbag? And I suggest you start keeping your receipts too...every time you go to the chipper, the off licence, the pub, **** it even the shop. You'll want them to pay you back in a few years when they've ****ed you up as well :rolleyes:
    Anyone see the Documentary where out and out Scobes in Dublin were secretly filming selling this shít to progressively lower aged Kids? One Scumbag sold a pair of girls well under 18 stuff and then warned them not to take it on the street as they'd probably be paralysed and helpless on the ground - Nah, they'll take it in the sitting room while Mammy and Daddy are watching Prime Time.

Whats that got to do with head shops? They can only control who they sell to, not what happens to the product after it leaves the shop. What exactly is your point?
    Whats to defend here? ........ Its almost confusing........

Its not confusing, I'll even spell it out slowly for you. Its ADULT CHOICE. Adults are allowed to choose what they do. They can choose what they put into their bodies, be it for recreational or personal reasons. They have a right to walk into a shop and purchase such legal products. And its about time the people in this country who think they need to hold everybodies hand shut the **** up and take a back seat. Nobody wants a nanny state, and nobody appreciates goody two shoes who don't know what they are talking about, dictating what they can and can't do on their own ****ing time with their own ****ing money.

End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

^^^^ think the government would have something different to say about "adults choice" on what you can and cant put into your body.

alot of this stuff will mess you up.

''To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction"

if something makes you feel light headed its not good for you. simple as. dont get me wrong i drink i know there are risks but im ok with that. im also ok with anyone of you who want to do cocain. the government isnt ok with that but im not the government. all i can do is frown on you.

the issue here is that drug shop was robbed. its not about who can do what.

but it should be. the bigger issue here is kids getting hold of these things. these can physically and mentally harm kids. you may think its funny or you may think so what but the problem is people just look out for themselves.

the reality is governments make things such as drugs illegal because joe scumbag isnt resposible enough to look after himself and his kids health. thats the truth. maybe if these idiots grew up and stopped just laughing and having a skit or a snear about some kid ending up in hospital bacause they foung daddies "e's" then maybe we could have a civilized society where we could choose what we want to put into our bodies or not.

why are they called headshops

and by the way this aint the start of a joke:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Headshops sell things that are pleasurable for your head...

• Advertisement

jackncoke wrote: »
    Headshops sell things that are pleasurable for your head...

ahh do they sell hats:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Paulegend wrote: »

That's physics. It's not as straightforward when you're discussing pharmacodynamics.

The effects of alcohol, both immediate and long-term are well known. The same cannot be said for BZP. There is little data on human studies because in the 70's it was found to behave much like amphetamine and testing for its use as a treatment for depression were abandoned as a result. Tests on rats have shown that BZP produces cross-sensitization to other stimulants such as meth-amphetamine.

From a report I wrote this year
    The risk assessment by the [EU] Scientific Committee states

there is no evidence that BZP use leads to serious social harm. However, an important caveat is that the lack of evidence makes drawing any strong conclusions difficult.”

The report goes on to recommend that BZP should be controlled due to

“…its stimulant properties, risk to health and the lack of medical benefits…”

Scientific Committee of the EU Drugs Agency, Risk Assessment Report of a new psychoactive substance: 1-benzylpiperazine (BZP),accessed on 01/12/08 from the website of the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, https://ednd-cma.emcdda.europa.eu/assets/upload/Risk_Assessment_Report_BZP.pdf

^^^^ think the government would have something different to say about "adults choice" on what you can and cant put into your body.

alot of this stuff will mess you up.

if something makes you feel light headed its not good for you. simple as. dont get me wrong i drink i know there are risks but im ok with that. im also ok with anyone of you who want to do cocain. the government isnt ok with that but im not the government. all i can do is frown on you.

the issue here is that drug shop was robbed. its not about who can do what.

but it should be. the bigger issue here is kids getting hold of these things. these can physically and mentally harm kids. you may think its funny or you may think so what but the problem is people just look out for themselves.

the reality is governments make things such as drugs illegal because joe scumbag isnt resposible enough to look after himself and his kids health. thats the truth. maybe if these idiots grew up and stopped just laughing and having a skit or a snear about some kid ending up in hospital bacause they foung daddies "e's" then maybe we could have a civilized society where we could choose what we want to put into our bodies or not.

Great post paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rant rave

Serious amount of bitching in this thread.
    Live your own lives.
    Any way I hear its a bitter feud that both shops have gotten involved in robbing each others stock of willy shaped bongs,
    thats all I have to say, fight away.

rant rave wrote: »
    Live your own lives.
    Any way I hear its a bitter feud that both shops have gotten involved in robbing each others stock of willy shaped bongs,
    thats all I have to say, fight away.

but still wont someone think of the children

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    A bag for me
    A bag for you
    Lets get wrecked on
    Bags of glue

Sex, Drugs, Rock and Rave
    Lets get smashed and misbehave
    On Speed and Weed and little E's
    Lets get fcuked and talk to trees
    Lifes a trip, and then you die
    So fcuk the world.... Let's get high

As long as people want to buy from Headshops, they should have the freedom to make the choice for themselves what they want to put in their bodies. I sometimes take 'party pills' that have been bought LEGALLY in headshops, and yes, I (and my friends) don't fully know the risks yet, but fcuk it..... I already know the risks from drinking and smoking, and it doesn't stop me from doing either of those things.

Some of you people that are posting here talking about the dangers, have you ever tried taking legal highs yourselves? Just interested to know if you have experienced them, or if you are just spouting the propaganda that you read in newspapers etc, that never give a balanced view? The view that there are good sides to taking drugs, as well as bad!!

The view that there are good sides to taking drugs, as well as bad!!

Like what?

rant rave wrote: »
    Live your own lives.

Where is the bitching? we are discussing and debating.......im sure thats what the forum is for....
    I sometimes take 'party pills' that have been bought LEGALLY in headshops, and yes, I (and my friends) don't fully know the risks yet, but fcuk it..... I already know the risks from drinking and smoking, and it doesn't stop me from doing either of those things.

Thats kind of my point. People can make the choice about drink/smoke as the risks are well known etc. The risks about "party pills" etc are not so people cant make informed choices.
    Some of you people that are posting here talking about the dangers, have you ever tried taking legal highs yourselves? Just interested to know if you have experienced them, or if you are just spouting the propaganda that you read in newspapers etc, that never give a balanced view? The view that there are good sides to taking drugs, as well as bad!!

I have not ever taking a legal high, Ive had enough illegal ones tbh. Been through counselling etc. I am not sprouting propaganda but am taking the view that they should be illegal until sufficient research has been done as to the long term effects on the body/mind.

There are no long term good sides to taking drugs. None. Zero. Zilsch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

just because something doesnt effect your daily life you should ignore it?

A very apathetic outlook.

Take for example the following extreme.

The gangs in limerick were ignored for a long time by the general public as it didnt effect them directly (though it was effecting all the people in the actual communities). Good sunday paper reading and that was it for the majority! Now the gang problem is effecting the general public. Innocent people have lost their lives. The crime is out of the back streets and into public streets. Trying to reclaim control now is much more difficult.

All it takes for evil to triumph is.........

.........for good men to not write on boards about it!!

nah im all for choice but dont like hypocrites. alcohol is the drug that causes most problems in ireland now and is perfectly legal. start canvassing for that to be banned then get back to me on this issue

mormank wrote: »
    nah im all for choice but dont like hypocrites. alcohol is the drug that causes most problems in ireland now and is perfectly legal. start canvassing for that to be banned then get back to me on this issue

Are you so obtuse that you can not see my point? ok ill break it down for you....

Alcohol is legal? yes....there is a huge amount of research completed on the long term effects? yes.....so people can make an informed choice...

Stuff in head shops legal? yes......is there alot of research done on the long term (or even short term) effect of said drugs? no there is not......so how can people make an informed choice?

As said we dont live in a world where "joe public" can be counted on to make the "correct" decision for themselves and/or their children

Also re alcohol being banned i refer you to post 18 in this thread.

• Advertisement

Are you so obtuse that you can not see my point? ok ill break it down for you....

Alcohol is legal? yes....there is a huge amount of research completed on the long term effects? yes.....so people can make an informed choice...

Stuff in head shops legal? yes......is there alot of research done on the long term (or even short term) effect of said drugs? no there is not......so how can people make an informed choice?

As said we dont live in a world where "joe public" can be counted on to make the "correct" decision for themselves and/or their children

i completly agree with your post.

the only thing people dont realise is doh that the stuff in those shops isnt illegal. its not that they are legal there just not illegal because they are not considered drugs. yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

its not that they are legal there just not illegal because they are not considered drugs. yet!

utter tripe..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ok so seeing as this joe public here is so dumb and i need you to make my mind up for me can i at least have one more uninformed choice i choose to take my chances with the stuff they havent proven can kill you like marijuana, BZP and the like as oppossed to the stuff even the government tells us kills like fags and drink.. and sher ill let ya know when im dead which is worse..

Stab*City wrote: »
    utter tripe..

That's actually exactly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

hey even you must see how thin your argument is. basically what your saying is that we know fags and alcohol can kill and cause massive problems in our lives so we can make an informed decision on those howeversince we dont know for sure whether these things can kill we cannot make an informed decision... what do you suggest? ban the substances until it is confirmed that they can kill us and cause us massive problems and then legalize them stating that at least we now know they kill!! come on, open your eyes!

Advertisement