Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade X-Box for Online multiplayer

• 10-11-2009 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I own an Xbox 360 Arcade (?) edition- it came with just one controller and no Hard-drive. I'm not sure if the arcade version comes with any memory (although we can save an Xbox profile).

My question is, can I go online and play online multiplayer games like Halo or Call of Duty without a Hard drive? I have eircom broadband and a router and an ethernet cable, is that all I need?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Some games require the hard drive to play online. I believe Halo 3 is one of them. The new Arcades come with 256Mb built in memory for the NXE update, don't know whats left over with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ilovefrankee@ho

Oh right. Well actually I just used Halo 3 as an example I don't even own it! What I want to play online is Modern Warfare 2- anyone know about playing that online?

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Of course you can, but you need enough memory for your online profile and game saves/updates etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

The onboard memory will probably fill up fairly quickly if you go online. You can get a 20gb xbox hard drive on ebay for next to nothing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can play most games without a problem but things start to get complicated as updates are released for the game and it's also not much fun not being able to use any DLC that may be required!

• Advertisement
Advertisement