Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to change my course.

Options
  • 10-11-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, Im a first year Science student, I am finding it very boring, not what I thought it would be. Can I change at this stage? Does anyone else feel the same? Any advise please.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Nebit

i know a fella that changed from actuary to pre-med during the xmas break.
    i think it depends on the course tbh. But since its your first year its worth it to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Well the CAO closed at the end of October, so it would be next to near impossible to change your course at this stage. Maybe drop out and reapply to the CAO next year, your LC points will still count. If you do this you will have to pay the fees for the time that you spent in college until you dropped out (I think!), so from September to November. You will also have to pay full fees if you are going to apply to a university next year, which in UCD is around €7,000.00. You might not even be eligable for the maintenance grant if you drop out. You best bet would have been to drop out before November as then you would only have to pay "half-fees" if you were going to apply to a university next year. Even better not to accept you place at all. Just keep it up for 4 year and then transfer to something else. For example, some people who do Physics go on to do a masters in Finance etc.,

What subjects are you doing in science?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Actually the information I gave in my last post was incorrect, sorry.
    Click here and go to article 3.1 of the Policy for Transfer Applicants.

Advertisement