Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50k wedding

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Foxy, indeed have received lots of information about a friend who taught her in secondary school. Not that I asked! Tis the talk of the school! They know the facts. Never said she was from Tuam though, had her wedding there was what I said. Also, never said they did or did not pay tax, but indeed after the facts were explained, they didn't. I can't find the link though :.(

Thing is, on a personal level, I'd not ask my parents or in-laws to fund my wedding, therefore will never cost that. Nor would I want it to. I just questioned where the money came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

What is the point of this thread? Lots of speculation, gossip and rumour? Pulling people apart about whom nothing is known. Is this not libellous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Geem that's the thing, quite a bit is known about one of these families, I wonder how they paid for it and why they publicised it so much given the fact nobody on that side of the family has worked for quite some time. Maybe that's horrible but as someone really struggling I find that hard to accept, I'd love to be able to get married but I can't afford to give my love the nice wedding we both want, not too big, not too small, that's all this is about. Why after years of working hard am I broke and they're not? I work hard damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

yourmano wrote: »
    I work hard damn it!

Work harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I honestly couldn't care less.

My fiance and I will be paying for our own wedding with our own honestly-earned money, but I'm not going to be bitter about how other people afford to pay for a wedding that, by the sounds of it, would be an absolute nightmare to me - not what I'd want at all!

At the end of the day, I know hardly anything about this young girl, but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't want to swap my life and circumstances for hers. So I'm not going to begrudge her, and I hope that they have a very happy life together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I think Chatterpillar is right here. I'm good friends with a cousin of this girls, for what it is worth I wouldn't swap. Also, CAB will be aknocking, stupid move publicising that one. That said, how is it Joe Soap like me has problems having one bambino and they have so many, one thing I wish would rub off on me. However, don't agree with that work harder comment unless it was some sort of joke I don't get, just know yourmano, you wedding will be perfect for ye. Don't let this get to you please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm afraid to do nixers for fear of getting caught, mate of mine got thrown a four figure tax bill for such jobs. When will these guys ever get that? Now perhaps after being in the paper for such a wedding? I doubt it. And no I'm not anti-Travellers, I just can't understand how this particular couple get away with this or are silly enough to publish it nationally.

If you need to say it then you probably are tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

Geem that's the thing, quite a bit is known about one of these families, I wonder how they paid for it and why they publicised it so much given the fact nobody on that side of the family has worked for quite some time. Maybe that's horrible but as someone really struggling I find that hard to accept, I'd love to be able to get married but I can't afford to give my love the nice wedding we both want, not too big, not too small, that's all this is about. Why after years of working hard am I broke and they're not? I work hard damn it!

So what? Brad and Angelina had a great wedding and can adopt loads of kids. You probably work harder than them too.
    We can all compare ourselves to others and make ourselves feel bad but why bother. Concentrate on what you have and make the most of that.

You are where you are. Why not just have a nice tiny wedding, it should be about love, not long tables, lists and menus, ice sculptures, fancy carriages and the whole multitude of shiny things and useless stuff.

Live your life now.

Advertisement