Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet Earth (Blu-ray) - €21 delivered [Zavvi]

• 10-11-2009 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

On offer yet again from Zavvi!

805274_DV_M_F.JPG
    Buy it @ Zavvi
    Review

From the team behind the multi-award winning The Blue Planet comes this epic series celebrating the Earth as never before. Embracing the world's incredible landscapes and fascinating wildlife. Planet Earth takes the definitive look at the diversity of our planet.

Four years in the making, with a budget of unprecedented proportions. Planet Earth has stretched the boundaries of natural history television. High definition photography, revolutionary ultra-high speed cameras and detailed images from the air enabled the series to capture the most amazing footage ever seen.

This stunning television experience combines rare action, unimaginable scale, impossible locations and intimate moments with our planet's best-loved, wildest and most elusive creatures. From the highest mountains to the deepest rivers, this blockbuster series takes you on an unforgettable journey through the challenging seasons and the daily struggle for survival in Earth's most extreme habitats. Prepare to be overwhelmed by the beauty of Planet Earth.
    More Details
    Certificate:

* Ex

Director:

* Amanda Barrett,
    * Owen Newman

Region:

* Region B

Aspect Ratio:

* Aspect Ratio 16:9

Number of Discs:

Main Language:

* English

Subtitle Languages:

* English for the hard of hearing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Thanks!

I just cancelled from Play.com and ordered from Zavvi along with Kill Bill :)
    Play were waiting on stock and a few euro more expensive.

It looks like Zavii charge €1.15 per item for shipping to Ireland, it's not free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I factored in the delivery charge HH.

£17.85 + 99p = £18.84 GBP (or €21 roughly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 alanjob

Am I missing a code or anything as it is now 27.85?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 scumfrog

nabbed this earlyer for €21 nice one op :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

basquille wrote: »
    I factored in the delivery charge HH.

£17.85 + 99p = £18.84 GBP (or €21 roughly)

Ah, I see, I had the site in Euro mode, the price was €21.58 + €1.15 so almost €23.

Does it work out cheaper to buy in GBP? Do you get stung for currency exchange on your credit card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Does it work out cheaper to buy in GBP? Do you get stung for currency exchange on your credit card?
    If possible, always pay in GBP (until Euro reaches parity anyways! :D) - most places allow you do except for sites like Play.com, Pixmania, Dabs etc.

No, you still get charged the transaction fee for the card and that's about it - probably best to use the Currency Converter.. it's typically more accurate: UCC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I got this from play.com last week,looks fantastic.Would be a great christmas pressie for anyone into their home entertainment (as long as they have a bluray player that is)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I know its not blu ray but with decent equipment DVD is fine, anyhow if anyone is ordering stuff from amazon now they have free deliveries above €35, this is just £9.98 for the 5 DVD set
    51QXDYFQF7L._SS500_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

slave1 wrote: »
    anyhow if anyone is ordering stuff from amazon now they have free deliveries above €35
    Its £25 or more to qualify for free super saver delivery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

yep, took advantage myself last week, bit of thumbs n's fingers in the last post

• Advertisement
Advertisement