Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport

Options
  • 10-11-2009 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Do you/ Can you use it??

Was reading up on the new carbon tax that's coming in and i just cant believe the Greens have the gall to tout it as "to force people to use public transport". All fine and good if there is a public transport network, but there isn't in Donegal.
    Can any poster here who drives to work actually use public transport instead? I sure as hell cant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Not a hope in hell of me using public transport with the hours I work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

the service is great from Letterkenny to Dublin airport, thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i cycle to work a few days a week, no bus service on our roads (3 miles from donegal town)
    m
    my OH use the early morning dublin bus instead of driving and can do dublin and back in a day with the new services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

the service is great from Letterkenny to Dublin airport, thats about it

dont know what you mean by thats about it, the rural services around the county ie joe mangans crolly to lk service are vital to the elderly and those who cant drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

andyc09lad wrote: »
    dont know what you mean by thats about it, the rural services around the county ie joe mangans crolly to lk service are vital to the elderly and those who cant drive

Yes, I agree with you, but what about an Bord Snip Nua's plans to cut the Rural Transport Programme. There are private shuttle services eg. Donegal - Ballybofey - Letterkenny which are great, but CIE drivers are'nt too happy about it. I was saying that the public service provided by CIE to Dublin airport is a very good service... which is alot more than you could say about CIE public transport services provided within the county.

http://www.prlog.org/10339434-hundreds-protest-in-ennis-over-proposed-cuts-to-rural-transport-programme.html

http://www.nenaghguardian.ie/news-detail.php?article=5ZH4TW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

What do the Greens or the Government or The Bord Snip Nua care about anything up this way?

The Greens leaders are D4 fools whose party will not have any seats after the next election, I can't use public transport for my job and it's the same with almost everyone in this way (those who are lucky to have work).

This is the crowd who said they they would support the Government only if Mink farming was banned (resulting in job losses in Donegal and tax revenue losses), makes my blood boil listing to this crap in the middle of the recession.

Donegal has no motorway, no trains, poor roads, bypasses refused, no cancer services etc...

If you go down the country you will see major road projects with no expense spared and now we have to suffer a Carbon tax not to mention the sewerage tax for anyone who has a septic tank on their land.

Sorry for the rant I just sick and tired or the people of this county being treated like second class citizens, I just wish we could make our frustrations heard Cowan and Coughlin opened the new Tourism office in Donegal town recently and people were tripping over themselves to shake hands with them.

I have listened to people in pubs saying the O’Donoghue deserved all his expenses and that all the government ministers do because of the tough times they are having it’s this old dark ages stuff that makes me mad and if their was an election next week we know who would get voted in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

I'd have to walk three miles to get any public transport going anywhere at all and none of it suits my job or hours of work. As for anything social, if it doesn't begin and end before six in the evening - forget it!
    I'm all for the environment but reality rules - I'd LOVE to be forced to use a public transport system if it existed. Like the man in the red suit, it's an URBAN myth!

Advertisement