Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Oz in recession? I Hear conflicting reports...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

I wasn't trying to exaggerate. In one street I walked up there were 4 signs looking for wait staff (1 was in a pizza place but anyway it's a job!!). But that was about an hour from Melbourne- you've more luck venturing outside the city into the smaller towns.

I'd say the people who go home prob stay right in the city centre looking for jobs- where the most competition is. I came across the jobs an hour - 2 hours from the city. Although I've 3 friends in Sydney who got jobs there no problem and 2 in Brisbane.

There is always fruit picking work in Australia too and traffic control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Doc wrote: »
    That’s a bit misleading I had friends who couldn’t find work here in Melbourne and had to go home. Don’t get me wrong there are jobs here just not as easy to find as you’re making out.

There are jobs out there and just because your friends had to go home doesn't make that not so. What people do need to know is that if they are on a WHV, they are the cattle fodder of employees no matter what qualifications they have and as such, they should be prepared to accept jobs which reflect this. Sitting in a hostel in front of a computer won't find you a job, actually getting up of your behind and enquiring in shops and pubs will.

Advertisement