Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partition Wall

Options
  • 10-11-2009 4:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    I have double doors seperating a living room and dining room. I want to take these down and put up/in a wall making 2 seperate living spaces. What is the best way to do this and what materials would I need and how much would I be looking to spend???

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

it is not a hard job at all.

the hardest part would be replasteriong the wall to make it flush with the existing surface.

take down the doors. there should be a frame constructed in the wall to support the doors. so when the doors are down you will now uses this frame as the base for your stud in fill. depending how big the doors are will depend on the materials.

i would say that if ist normal double doors you would not need more than 4 lenghts of 4x2.

a baton along the floor and a couple of uprights and some noggins. Nail the new 4x2 to the frame of the door.

3 sheets of plasterboard one either side then one to fill in any gaps.

again i think if you want a good finish you should hire a plasterer. ( unless you reckon you are handy enough)

Advertisement